Syracuse area, Dr. recommedations? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 11-11-2010, 03:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We are very seriously considering finding a new ped. Please recommend any Syracuse area docs who are vegan-friendly and ok with delayed vaccing (and ideally accepting new patients). Thank you.

#2 of 9 Old 11-12-2010, 08:26 PM

I take our children here:

http://www.cnyfamilycare.org

We used to be vegan, but currently eat organic meat and dairy. We don't vaccinate. We homeschool. I'm a doula and they have my cards out in the office.

I would say that they're going to want you to vaccinate, but not going to tell you that you're going to kill your baby by not vaccinating.

We see Robert Steves and Karen Beckman.

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
13yo ds   10yo dd  8yo ds and 6yo ds and 1yo ds  
#3 of 9 Old 11-15-2010, 06:15 PM

Pediatricians in the area aren't very delayed vax friendly. Most of the families I know who delay or no vax see a family practice docs in the area. I am unsure on vegan friendly ones sorry.

treehugger.gif Birth and PP doula, Mama to DD (7/04) DS (3/08)    belly.gifwith #3 EDD 11/29/13, and 30+ chicken3.gif , 2 ducks

#4 of 9 Old 11-15-2010, 06:44 PM

We go to Drs. Jackson, lambert and Anderson in Manlius. They are very flexible with scheduling.

#5 of 9 Old 11-16-2010, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wintermamaagain View Post

We go to Drs. Jackson, lambert and Anderson in Manlius. They are very flexible with scheduling.

We see them as well. We love Dr Anderson!!

treehugger.gif Birth and PP doula, Mama to DD (7/04) DS (3/08)    belly.gifwith #3 EDD 11/29/13, and 30+ chicken3.gif , 2 ducks

#6 of 9 Old 06-07-2011, 11:18 AM - Thread Starter

I know my original post was forever ago, but we are needing a new doc asap. Anderson's practice is not taking new patients (until MAYBE in July when a new doc joins the practice and the recept says there's no waiting list, so we just have to call back then and see), and Beckman would take us and sounds great but apparently doesn't participate with our insurance provider. Does anyone know of anyone else good? A friend recommended Brighton Hill pediatrics, does anyone know anything about them (good or bad)? Anne Barash was mentioned in another thread? I'm seriously considering just paying to see Beckman anyway, but my husband is worried the insurance co will fail to pay their 80% after we meet the deductible and with all the visits my toddler requires, this could get really expensive fast. WWYD?

#7 of 9 Old 06-08-2011, 11:00 AM

I have a couple local friends who use dr Anne Barash and love her. She is ok with delayed vax and one friend is vegetarian and I believe Dr Barash is ok with that. 

#8 of 9 Old 06-09-2011, 02:52 PM

If nobody else is taking new patients or you just don't like them or they don't take your insurance or whatever, a last resort is the hour long roadtrip to Ithaca to go to Cayuga Family Medicine. Drs. Jamie Loehr and Ellyn Selin (and the nurse practicioners) are all excellent and are fine with everything AP. As an added bonus, they're across the street from Short Stop Subs and a mile from Green Star.

Good luck!

#9 of 9 Old 10-02-2012, 11:36 AM

Brighton Hill is not to lax on shots, maybe delayed not skipped.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page