Need to Find a Doctor in Syracuse, NY...Please Help - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 12-09-2010, 08:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

hello,

Iam new to this kind of thing. I am also new to parenting too. August I gave birth naturally to twin baby girls.

I have to switch Dr.s the Dr. we  have now is a dope. He said to me " You would put a chemical in your babies bottle but you won't vaccinate"? We were giving the girls flax seed oil in their bottle to help them poop. He was mad because I refuse to vaccinate my girls. We, the parents, do not have hep.B so why give our daughters the hep b vac?  He wanted me to switch to Gentle ease which has corn syrup solids. I asked him what that was he said' pure sugar" yep folks. He wanted my little girl on every feeding with this stuff. I told him that I have a formula that I just started good start and I stated that it did not have corn syrup solids as the first ingredient. (like gentle ease did). He did not like that formula and told me it was not meant for newborns.. hello 0-12 months written on the package.. also said same ingredients found in breast milk. There were other things like this that happened and I don't think that they take our concerns about the babies seriously. 

I refuse to vaccinate...it makes me cringe.

In a perfect world were vaccines don't have risks is when I will use them. There has been to many hidden facts that we the public need answers to.

Think about this as cities get bigger things have to change. sewers, plumbing so we don't walk in our waste and kids don't play in it. Food has become more affordable , vitamins, housing, things to make our health positive. The drug companies lead us to believe that they made polo go way.. hello read above . our way of living helped us.

This is why I need your help. I have been denied at several dr's offices because I refuse to vaccinate. If anyone knows of either a ped or family doctor in Central NY, please give me there contact info.

Thanks Everyone!

#2 of 9 Old 12-10-2010, 12:57 AM

Sorry to hear that.  You can also search for Family Doctors, and Osteopathic docs as they often are more relaxed over vaxing.  You should also look for the Finding You Tribe forum here and ask in your area ;)

JessEmmie8210 likes this.

Married to Michael and Mother of Jake 9, Jillianne 7, Jensen 5, Jacen 4. I've got severe osteoporosis, a fractured hip and chronic pain-so please be patient with me! Pagan,Crocheter,Reader,Homeschooler- that's me in a nutshell.

#3 of 9 Old 12-10-2010, 11:16 AM

Post on the NY tribe board smile.gif

JessEmmie8210 likes this.

"It should be a rule in all prophylactic work that no harm should ever be unnecessarily inflicted on a healthy person (Sir Graham Wilson, The Hazards of Immunization, 1967)."
#4 of 9 Old 12-10-2010, 12:37 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you for your help I will try to post in ny tribe. I m not sure how to find them. Thank you. :) joy.gif

#5 of 9 Old 02-05-2011, 05:51 AM

Did you find a doctor yet?   Dr Anderson in Manlius is great but I don't think she is taking new patients. You can call though or Dr Anne Barash in Syracuse just opened up to take new patients and I heard she is good with delayed vax and anti-vax.

Hope this Helps!!! 

If you want some other local attachment parenting support there is a local yahoo group as well. THat is great for answering questions or bouncing information off.

~M

treehugger.gif Birth and PP doula, Mama to DD (7/04) DS (3/08)    belly.gifwith #3 EDD 11/29/13, and 30+ chicken3.gif , 2 ducks

#6 of 9 Old 02-12-2011, 04:45 PM

We are still looking for a new dr in this area too. Can I ask you who you were seeing? Just so I can avoid him... PM me if you don't want to post it. I'd be happy to share who we're looking to get away from for the same reason if you want.

#7 of 9 Old 02-15-2011, 11:29 AM

We see Robert Steves at CNY Family Care. He doesn't really like that we don't vaccinate, but he doesn't argue with me about it (which was really all I was looking for).

Another thing to consider is that, for infants, the "well-baby" visits they have are all based on the vaccine schedule. Unless there's something you're concerned about, you may want to make your own schedule.

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
13yo ds   10yo dd  8yo ds and 6yo ds and 1yo ds  
#8 of 9 Old 10-02-2012, 08:01 AM

Meksmama, have you had any experience with Dr. Anne Barash. I am looking for a  doctor who will not stop seeing us just because we don't want to vaccinate our son. Anderson has not seen new patients for years now.... Any other doctors in the Syracuse NY or suburbs that will be more relaxed when it comes to vaccinations.

Stay at Home Dad....

#9 of 9 Old 12-03-2012, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasey Thomason View Post

Meksmama, have you had any experience with Dr. Anne Barash. I am looking for a  doctor who will not stop seeing us just because we don't want to vaccinate our son. Anderson has not seen new patients for years now.... Any other doctors in the Syracuse NY or suburbs that will be more relaxed when it comes to vaccinations.

Stay at Home Dad....

I haven't had experience with Dr Barash but I have heard positive things of her. Quite a few of my friends go to her since they can't get into Dr Anderson.  Sorry it took so long in responding I didn't get notified. =)  

ALso if you join syracuse_ap_parents yahoo group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/syracuse_ap_parents/ there are lots of attachment holistic minded people who could point you in direction or search their archives for info as this topic comes up alot!!

treehugger.gif Birth and PP doula, Mama to DD (7/04) DS (3/08)    belly.gifwith #3 EDD 11/29/13, and 30+ chicken3.gif , 2 ducks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page