Looking for home birth midwife in or near Princeton, NJ - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-18-2010, 12:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Anyone have any recommendations for a home birth midwife in or near Princeton, NJ?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2010, 10:44 AM

I travel to Princeton for births!  Please feel free to give me a ring: 908-575-3282.

Dina Aurichio

NewBirthExpereinces.com

Old 12-29-2010, 07:48 PM

i used pam and louise with midwifery care associates in pennington for my homebirth, and i could not have imagined a better experience.  they are just fantastic!

Old 06-28-2011, 10:57 AM

Can you tell me how much you paid out of pocket for your home birth with Pam and Louise?

Old 06-28-2011, 01:53 PM

Thanks so much for this helpful info!  I really want to have a home birth but am worried about the cost and insurance trouble.  We have Aetna's Open Access select plan, which does not seem to allow for out-of-network services.  This is what has me worried that our insurance won't reimburse anything.  I know I just need to wait until my New Prenatal Consult with Pam and Louise next week, but I'm nervous and trying to prepare mentally for what this would mean financially.  In your opinion, do you think you did get the partial reimbursement from your insurance because you have out-of-network coverage?

Old 06-29-2011, 05:47 PM

yes, i think so, but you can at least try, i guess.  my husband made an appeal spelling out how much more they would have had to pay for an in hospital birth and then they granted our appeal. 

not sure your financial situation, but for us, after one hospital birth and one home birth, we would pay full price ourselves if needed.  though it wouldn't be easy to part with the cash, it is so worth it. 

Old 07-01-2011, 09:13 AM

Yeah, an appeal showing how much money we saved by home birth would be a good idea.  Thanks! I am totally convinced that a home birth is worth the cost and is a much beter option and experience than a hospital birth and so we are going to make it work.

Thanks for your insight!

Old 07-07-2011, 12:50 PM

I know Ursula at Delaware Valley OBGYN does home births.  She's great.  She was at my son's hospital birth for a few hours before another midwife took over.  Then she came to visit me later on to see how my birth went.  Below is link.  

http://www.delvalobgyn.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/site.physicians/action/dtl/phys/99839380.cfm

User Tag List