Mothering Forum banner

Any Staten Island Mamas out there?

401 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  *GreenMama* 
#1 ·
I have lived here for almost three years and still feel *very much* like a transplant. My DD is nine months old and I would love to meet some like-minded moms. I have yet to meet anyone else that breastfeeds, let alone co-sleeps or carries their babies. Drowning in mainstream over here!

#2 ·
I used to live in Staten Island and I felt the SAME WAY, it was awful. I think it's my least favorite place on earth BUT that said (ha) my husband partnered up and took over that coffee shop the Full Cup? If you ever wanna meet for coffee I'm there delivering my sugars and things once a week or so :] I'm 25 minutes away in Weehawken (Jersey)

#3 ·
We are out here! I grew up on SI, and have breastfed my 3 yo DD & now my 9 mo DD. It can get pretty lonely, but I've met a lot of wonderful like-minded mamas through LLL. We have a pretty active chapter that meets twice a month. There are other playgroups and activities that have grown from there. Feel free to PM me for more info. Here's the link for LLL of SI. Hopefully we'll meet soon.

:) Bonnie

http://www.lllofstatenisland.com/index.html

#4 ·
I just moved from SI, but as Bonnie said we have an awesome LLL group of like minded moms. I love them so much I still keep up with them even though I live an hr away.

If you haven't already you could always sign up for the LLL SI yahoo group too. It's really active. There is a link off the one Bonnie posted!

Cindy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.