Dentists (Sellersville/Perkasie Area) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-18-2011, 12:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm looking for a new dentist for DS and myself.  DS (4.5) has never gone and I haven't gone in forever.  We don't have insurance, so that's a big factor in decision-making.  I keep getting coupons for Winah Gallagher, but don't have any other info on her, so I might try her for myself to get a feel of how she'll be with DS.  Does anybody have someone that they love?  Who is affordable sans insurance?  DS is generally fearful of new people and situations, so that's going to make things really difficult.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2011, 07:12 PM

Boy am I glad you asked before going to her!!  I went to Winah (I won't even give her the respect of calling her Dr.) just over a year ago.  I went for my first visit: exam, cleaning, and x-rays.... then I had to go for a follow-up consultation.  It was odd and I'd never heard of going for a consultation after a regular check-up.  Anyway, she told me I needed over $25,000 worth of work!  She wanted to cap almost all of my teeth, do 5 fillings, and was pushing me into a mouth guard.  She was pushing me to pay her up front, even suggesting a partial payment when I sounded skeptical. This is before I got any work done. I told her I'd have to talk to my husband and get back to her.  She then asked, "Well what do you think he will say?"  It was incredibly odd.  She used scare tactics and told me too call her immediately if any of my teeth broke between the visit and my makin the decision.  She made me think my teeth were ready to crumble to pieces.  Anyhow, I left the office in hysterics, and called my dad sobbing.  He said to immediately get a second opinion.  After asking a neighbor for recommendations, I ended up going to Dr. Peter Psomiadis in Telford.  I didn't have a single cavity!  I needed no work what so ever!  Dr. Psomiadis is fabulous!  I hate going to the dentist, but he makes both my husband and I very comfortable.  He is a family man who really cares about your dental health.  My neighbor told me that when her daughter went and needed some work done, Dr. Psomiadis commented that she didn't have insurance and gave her an incredible discount.

Here's his info:

(215) 723-8202 35 N 2nd St, Souderton, PA

ETA:  I should've reported Dr. Gallagher, but never got around to it.  She is a total scam artist, and I can't believe she's still in business.

Old 01-19-2011, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much for the info.  I had started to have second thoughts when I considered why a dentist would need to run a monthly coupon (and the one that I got this month started to list exclusions). 

How is Dr. Psomiadis as far as scheduling?  I remember my old dentist not being able to make a new appointment for months, which really is fine, since I've waited for so long, but better to have somebody who can fit me and my son in sooner. 

Old 01-19-2011, 03:16 PM

Dr. P is great at scheduling.  He even has Saturday hours.  My availability is always very limited with work, but I always seem to be able to get an appointment.

Old 01-20-2011, 03:16 PM - Thread Starter

Awesome!  I just made an appointment for myself and if we mesh, I'll make one for my son after that.  Thanks so much for the rec!

Old 01-26-2011, 01:53 PM

This is good to know... Thanks for the info!

thanks.gif

Would love to know how your appointment goes!

All natural sahm to dd1(12yo) and dd2(6yo). Married 16 years.

Time for the Master Tonic! thumb.gif

Old 02-04-2011, 11:01 PM - Thread Starter

Dr. Psomiadis was so wonderful!  He started my appointment by letting me know (since we don't have insurance) that Montco gives low cost dental care for people without insurance, as does BCCC (but they only do children now) and that if I'd like to just cancel the appointment and do that, he wouldn't be offended.  I decided to stay, since it took me 10 years to get to the dentist, so I needed to just have the appointment over with.  The checkup ended up being $90 and he told me to go to Montco for the x-rays to save me money and said that I could bring them to him to have them read.  I would definitely recommend him.

Old 02-05-2011, 01:57 PM

Yay!  I'm glad things went well.  He is always concerned about the patients best interest.

User Tag List