NEED example religious exemption letter ASAP - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 01-19-2011, 09:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi--I was just notified by the school nurse that they won't accept my religious exemption that I submitted because of new statutes, and I'm afraid she'll be asked to leave--TOMORROW is the cutoff date. Apparently the new statute says that I need to express a reason why the vax conflict with our religious beliefs. I am not sure my reason would be accepted. Anyone have a sample to share or a good reason?

You can email me at vespersongs at hotmail dot com.

THanks a million!

#2 of 7 Old 01-23-2011, 04:45 PM

What religion are you? What were you planning on saying was your reason that vaxes are against your religion?

#3 of 7 Old 01-30-2011, 11:17 AM

where exactly are you from that you need to explain your religion on the exemption form??  as far as i am aware, even ASKING you is unlawful in accordance to the exemption laws.  we filled out a form and never had to state our beliefs in detail.  the law does state that you do not need to name your denomination, and your religious beliefs are not required to be held by any specific congregation rules or statements of faith. 

there are many online links to help you decide how to word your exemption letter...here's one example:

http://www.mykidsmychoice.com/NoShots.html

#4 of 7 Old 01-31-2011, 06:23 PM

NYS is very picky about exemption letters. You kinda have to mention what religion you are in order to describe how your religious beliefs conflict with the *practice* of immunization. What a Hindu would say is different from what a Christian would say, and both would be different from what a Buddhist would say.

Here's the NYS form:

http://www.exemptmychild.com/media//DIR_36001/New$20York$20Religious$20Vaccine$20Exemption$20Form.pdf

#5 of 7 Old 01-31-2011, 08:09 PM

wow--i did not realise that NY makes you jump through so many hoops.  we live n New Jersey, and don't need to 'prove' anything regarding religious beliefs.  we've thought of possibly moving out of Jersey at some point--but due to this information, and also all the rules with homeschooling that NY has, we will definitely cross living in NY right off of the list!!  such a shame they make you got through that.

#6 of 7 Old 10-09-2012, 11:38 AM

Hi i live in nj and i am looking for a vaccine excemption for my unborn and i cant find one can someone please help?

my email is victoria_nunez89@yahoo.com

#7 of 7 Old 10-17-2012, 01:52 PM

My best guess would be too google it and find a letter that has been already written.

As for NJ - just google a letter and make sure to add the word religion/religious and I would add part of the law for nj and accepting these exemptions.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page