Friends and Supporters of Midwife Mary McClane - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-26-2011, 02:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

In Honor and Support of Mary McClane, please join us...

When: Friday, February 4, 2011 at 12:30 pm
Where: Symposium Restaurant (small meeting room) 125 South Centerville Rd Lancaster, PA 17603 717-391-7645
Why: To show our support and love for Mary (after her last two trying months) Cards welcome, if you can't join us!
RSVP: Danielle malik5@ptd.net or 610-670-1844 by Tuesday, February 1

www.symposiumrestaurant.com We'll be ordering from a shortened menu.

Please forward this invitation to anyone that you think would like to be included...past and present clients of Mary's, midwives, and local birth advocates.

If you have any questions, please email me. Many Blessings, Danielle

#2 of 6 Old 01-31-2011, 05:22 PM

I hope you don't mind me asking.  I have been trying to get in touch with Ms. McLane as I just recently found out I was pregnant with #3 and looking for a homebirth midwife.  I have only heard fabulous things about Mary.  Can you tell me if this has to do with her leaving practice?  Thanks.

Even though I haven't met her or used her, please let me know if you need any help.

#3 of 6 Old 02-01-2011, 12:22 PM - Thread Starter

No, she is not leaving her practice at this point.  Her phone number is 717-413-6742. This is her cellphone. I'm not sure which number she uses, but on the cell number, she does say Certified Nurse Midwife, so I'm assuming that this number is ok to contact her on.  Best of luck. She is a wonderful midwife.  . 

#4 of 6 Old 02-02-2011, 05:45 AM

I'll be there..so will my daughter/apprentice and two other midwives who are carpooling with me. Not sure if you got the facebook messages but I wanted to make sure I RSVP'd.

Thanks for putting this together, we've been talking about doing it since Christmas, but never got it organized, it's great you were able to do that for Mary!!!

#5 of 6 Old 02-04-2011, 02:24 PM

What a great turnout! Thanks for organizing this! I know there were several more midwives and apprentices who wanted to come but were tending to mamas. Mary is a great woman and a great midwife! I think she is one of the very few that can bring such a large, diverse group together on a friday afternoon! CNMs, CPMs, DEMs, apprentices, doulas, nurses, clients, babies, and birth workers! That in itself is a testimony.

It was also nice to meet and talk with you!

#6 of 6 Old 02-06-2011, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter

I think that this is one of the reasons I felt so compelled to do something for her. You are right, she is one of the few mws who has the ability to bring all of us together, and cross the great licensure divide .  Rarely do you find someone as special as Mary.  I'm so proud to know her!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page