pediatrician with a holistic natural approach in South Jersey area? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By jbgbmommy

#1 of 9 Old 02-02-2011, 02:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am looking for a pediatrician that has more of a holistic and natural approach to medicine and diet. I live in the South Jersey area, and would love any recommendations particularly in the Camden/ Gloucester/ Burlington County areas. I guess some areas in Philadelphia (south and east) would work as well. I have a toddler and am due soon with my second child. Although my current pediatricians have a great reputation I would rather a pediatrician, or even a practice, that is more open-minded and knowledgable on alternative and natural approaches to care. Thanks!

#2 of 9 Old 07-20-2011, 01:32 PM

I found a great Pediatrician in Marlton, NJ recommended by my Doula.   It is his own practice and he uses an integrative approach to medicine.  He is an MD who studies natural solutions on his own.  He is very personable and like to know each of his patients individually.  I was truly impressed.  Baby is coming in less than a month.   His name is Dr. Bryan Levy - KidsWell Pediatrics in Marlton, NJ.

#3 of 9 Old 11-17-2011, 12:15 PM

I just realized I spelled Dr. Levey's name wrong.  The proper spelling is Levey and not Levy.  There is a Dr. Bryan Levy who is a pediatrician in Cherry Hill.

I hope we are all talking about the same doctor!   I was talking about Dr. Bryan Levey in Marlton...

#4 of 9 Old 11-18-2011, 01:25 PM

I second the recommendation of Dr. Levey.  We just started with him but we are blown away.  I called yesterday because my son is having stomach aches for about a week and a half now.  We think it may be a side effect of his medication.  His nurse was so upset that the doc wasn't in for late hours on Thursday to see him.  I kept telling her it was okay and that it could wait.   He was so gentle and kind at our son's visit for a flu shot that he spend the next week running around the house with the cat's oral syringe saying "I'm Dr. Levey, time for your flu shot!".  I think we must have had 40 shots over the weekend ;)

Now understand that while he is definitely into alternative medicine, he is very pro vaccine and will explain (strongly) why.  It is fine with us as we do vaccinate our kids but I know one other mother here was put off by it. 

Walking to raise money for Apraxia - feel free to join me if you are in the area or donate http://www.apraxia-kids.org/southjerseywalk/juliefoxx
#5 of 9 Old 05-17-2012, 11:05 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks ladies! I am definitely going to call him. Hi spottedfoxx, I just replied to your other answer about my nursery school search! I hope things are going with with your little one MomDlo!

momDlo likes this.
#6 of 9 Old 05-23-2012, 08:48 AM

They are - let me know how your search goes and what you think of Dr. Levey.  Tell him I said hi.  

Walking to raise money for Apraxia - feel free to join me if you are in the area or donate http://www.apraxia-kids.org/southjerseywalk/juliefoxx
#7 of 9 Old 07-16-2014, 10:38 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Where is Dr. Bryan Levey?

Does anyone know where Dr. Levey moved his practice? I would like to switch over to him, but it appears that his practice moved.
#8 of 9 Old 07-17-2014, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsl View Post
Does anyone know where Dr. Levey moved his practice? I would like to switch over to him, but it appears that his practice moved.
Dr Levey joined Avocare - Greentree Pediatrics, 127 Church Rd, Suite 800 in Marlton. 856*988*7899
He is busier now with more patients than when he had his own practice. You have to ask for him when making your appointment. He is still a great doctor.
#9 of 9 Old 07-18-2014, 07:36 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thank you!

Thank you so much!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page