Pocono Medical Hospital? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 02-09-2011, 10:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It is looking more and more like I may very well be re-locating to the Pocono area sometime in the next year.

I'm interested in people's experiences with Pocono Medical... specifically if you have had children stay in the pediatrics ward for any reason?

Thank you!

ribbonpurple.gif  Proud Single Mama, Birth & Postpartum Doula

Student, Aspiring CNM 
treehugger.gif  DD ~ 1/7/09   shamrocksmile.gif  DS ~ 9/22/10

#2 of 5 Old 02-09-2011, 11:34 AM

I've only had to use the ER there a couple of times, but it's an "ok" hospital. If I had a need for longer term care I'd probably hike down to Lehigh Valley hospital or Geisinger.

Homebirth Midwifing mama to five blessings in Northeastern PA.
#3 of 5 Old 02-09-2011, 05:21 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)

NEVER!!!!

awful-they billed our insurance for tests that they never did, they got fined by the state for doing that because we pressed charges

service/care-NO WAY, NEVER EVER AGAIN!

my ped won't even send us there anymore (only place he has privileges because he is in the area)-we would only go now to LV with friends of our ped

LV as mentioned is a world of difference

you need only look at the turn over rate (even for the head of the hosp)- the local paper- Pocono Record is a great place to start- today the service works are striking

pro-transparency advocate

&

lurk.gif  PROUD member of the .3% club!

Want to join? Just ask me!

"You know, in my day we used to sit on our ass smoking Parliaments for nine months.

Today, you have one piece of Brie and everybody goes berserk."      ROTFLMAO.gif 

#4 of 5 Old 02-11-2011, 08:28 PM

Ugh. First trip there, husband was there for excrutiating stomach pain. They made him wait several hours before he could get in, and put a whole bunch of sniffles and ear infections type stuff in before him. I wish we had just gone on down to LV. But every time we asked they said "oh, you're coming up soon."

Then he burned his face at work, and someone drove him there (which he REALLY should have gone to LV for, jeez they have the regional burn center!). Well, he got better service that time, I guess when you walk in looking like Wile E Coyote when he blows the dynamite up in his face, it gets people's attention. (He's completely healed now, btw. And he doesn't start fires with gasoline anymore, either).

#5 of 5 Old 03-13-2012, 09:17 PM

Pocono Medical Center has taken great strides. It absolutely is an excellent heart hospital. My son had to stay in the ped unit for a week. The nurses on staff were wonderful. The e.r gets busy. However there are plenty of urgent care clinics that people can go to instead. Trauma takes precedents any day over a stomach bug. I have been taken right in for emergencies and asked to wait for non. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page