Looking for Pediatrician in Lower Bucks County - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-18-2011, 01:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello everyone,

I know there is another thread with this same topic, but as it is from last year, I thought I'd start a new one to see if anyone has any new information. I'm in Yardley, PA and looking for a pediatrician who will let me vaccinate when I want and not yell at me when I don't want to. I contacted the Holistic Mom's Network in the area and though I'd still like to join them, was very unhappy with their response. Essentially, she told me that as a member, I would have access to a list of all the medical practitioners they recommend. So I have to pay to get a recommendation for a pediatrician? That doesn't seem right. Anyway, I saw a few people recommend Lower Bucks Pediatrics but someone also had a bad experience with them, which is why I'm wondering if there are any other doctors anyone knows of. I'm willing to travel a little bit, as long as this person is covered by insurance :)

Thank you!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2011, 05:23 PM

We currently use Lower Bucks Pedi. and have had minimal problems.  We do not vax and I'm not ready to start anytime soon.  It def. depends on which doctor you see.  Last time we were there (in July for a yearly appt) they handed me that form to sign.  It was very generic.  I decided to take it home and read it closer then I asked if I could drop it off later.  We have not been back since then, but we do have an appt next week.  I'm curious to see how it goes.  I'm going to take my own vax refusal letter to put in my file instead of that generic one.  Hopefully I will not be looking for a new pedi.  Again it really depends on the doc you see.  Once you find one that you like, you need to keep requesting that doc (at least for well visits).  

Wife to Josh ~ mommy to frankie (10-24-06) and hayley (7-25-09) and Caleb (4-30-11)
Old 02-23-2011, 09:15 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you! I guess I will try them out. I just don't like the idea of being in a huge practice with a lot of doctors, especially if some are less than respectful of parents (even though it specifically outlines how they respect parents on their website). I hope your appointment goes well!

Old 03-03-2011, 06:14 PM

Just wanted to update...

We had a successful WBV this past week.  The doctor that we saw asked if we were "still holding off on vax's" I said "yes" and the appointment went on as normal.  My son was very active (jumping around, climbing, etc) and she was very patient with his behavior. I did not have to sign any papers or even give them the one that I had prepared.  I'm happy to say that I am still very satisfied with this practice and will go back in July for the next WBV.  

Wife to Josh ~ mommy to frankie (10-24-06) and hayley (7-25-09) and Caleb (4-30-11)
Old 03-03-2011, 07:26 PM - Thread Starter

That's great to know! I did end up making an appointment there for next week so I hope I receive the same pleasant treatment :)

User Tag List