NYC homebirth - desperately seeking a midwife! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-24-2011, 09:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello there,

Does anyone know anyone, or have any suggestions, about how I can get a midwife? I am in NYC but would happily travel for all the appointments (except the birth).  I'm due in August and have already contacted every single one of the midwives listed on the nychomebirth.com website.  I am still waiting to hear back from a couple of them, but almost all have responded with a "no" because they are with either away on vacation or overbooked for that time.  

I have 2 children, both were "natural" births in a hospital, i am low-risk and absolutely set on birthing at home this time.  I would have contacted midwives sooner but was operating on bad information from my insurance company (surprise) that told me I had to set up the in-network exception before contacting midwives.  I know now that's not true but I am hoping it's still not too late to find someone...

Thanks for anyone's advice, feel free to PM me if you are more comfortable with that.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2011, 02:51 PM

Have you tried Marcy Tardio? I had a HB w/ her in August'08 in Brooklyn, I feel like she is often 'on' the months others take vacations. You prob. won't have to travel for appts. there are so many great HB midwives in NYC and the burroughs. Kristen I think will be back then as well, and there is Stacey Rees I just had a HB her last month and she's fabulous. I've also heard good things about Linda.

Baby wearing Mamma to DS, dealing with all his allergies....and thriving w/another little bundle due in Early Feb
Old 03-25-2011, 03:47 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you!  I tried all of them, Kristin isn't back until Sept. 1, Stacey is away in August, Linda also booked, but hopefully Marcy will make room - she said she is pretty booked but she will meet with me so we'll see!  I'm keeping fingers crossed.  Thank you for your advice...

Old 04-07-2011, 07:38 PM - Thread Starter

Just a quick update...I'm all set!  SO excited for a homebirth that can finally happen!  Thank you to everyone who offered help and suggestions...

User Tag List