Waldorf inspired home daycare or amazing preschools in North East NJ ? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-15-2011, 08:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We plan on homeschooling, but right now I'm itching to find DD something amazing 1-2 days a week for a few hours. Is it unrealistic to expect an AP-minded daycare?? We use a babysitter now (I write and need time every week) but I think DD would thrive in the right place.

So SPAM with me ideas! I'm willing to commute up to 45 minutes for the right place (I'm in Weehawken) 

blogging.jpg    fambedsingle2.gif  homebirth.jpg  read.gif  happy momma to DD 8/07 and DS 6/10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2011, 06:56 PM

Have you lookedi into Montessori schools?  I looked at one near me and it was impressive:  The Mustard Seed in Boonton Township.  I have found that true Montessori schools are not cheap though!  I'm sure there are plenty of options closer to you.  Good luck

Old 04-16-2011, 07:08 PM

I will be homeschooling my preschooler next year, but this year she attended Union Congregational Nursery School in Montclair.  It is the only thing close to a Waldorf school that I have found in the area.  It is Reggio--but the director knows a lot about Waldorf "ways".  Much of their work is inspired by the natural world and very little of it is "academic."

Old 04-18-2011, 10:47 AM

Green Meadow Waldorf School is just over the NY border.

http://www.gmws.org

Old 07-23-2011, 02:28 PM

How close are you to lower Westchester?  I'm a loving, APing, SAHM to my nearly 1 year old boy.  He and I do lots of childcare together, but I'm actually looking to switch over to families who are more like-minded to our AP style.  Email me if you're interested in meeting!!!  [email protected] =) 

User Tag List