Looking for slow-vax friendly ped in Montgomery County (North Philly) PA - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 04-17-2011, 04:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello, all.

DH is interviewing for a job in Fort Washington, PA and, if he accepts, we will be relocating to the Abington/Glenside general area of North Philly.

We have a fab pediatrician here in Cincinnati who is slow-vax/no-vax friendly. Will I be able to find one up Philly way easily enough? Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks for any help and advice,

--erin

#2 of 6 Old 04-18-2011, 11:30 AM

Hey- we use Daphne Goldberg in Bala Cynwyd. She is pricey because she doesn't accept insurance. We pay a flat fee up front and we get 24/7 access to her (phone calls at ANY time, email, etc). We don't ever have to wait for appointments, and we have lots of time with her during the appointments. She is very flexible with vaccines- anything we want to do is okay with her. We really like her, but, as I said, she does cost money.

Me: New mama to DD born 11/17/2009. We And:
#3 of 6 Old 06-24-2011, 05:46 PM

Hi!  Wondering if you found anyone? I'm looking (again) for a pedi that is vaccine friendly as well.  

Thanks!

#4 of 6 Old 06-26-2011, 10:49 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyErin View Post

Hello, all.

DH is interviewing for a job in Fort Washington, PA and, if he accepts, we will be relocating to the Abington/Glenside general area of North Philly.

We have a fab pediatrician here in Cincinnati who is slow-vax/no-vax friendly. Will I be able to find one up Philly way easily enough? Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks for any help and advice,

--erin

just to give you a little info on the area, abington & glenside are neighbors but they are not in philadelphia.  they are both a part of montgomery county.  it makes a difference because in philadelphia there is a wage tax, somewhere around 4.5% depending on whether you live or work in the city.  i know local municipalities have their own wage taxes, but they aren't as high as philly.

here's what i just posted in another thread about our children's doc: we drive to pheonixville, pa to see our dcs doctor.  steiner medical center, dr. flood.  there is another dr. there, dr. cantor that i do not recommend, based on personal experience.  they used to have another dr., dr. corpus, but she moved.  they told me they will be getting a NP but aren't sure when this person will start.  google the practice name & the location & the website will come up.

good luck!

sus

Baby the babies while they're babies so they don't need babying for a lifetime.
#5 of 6 Old 07-02-2011, 08:14 AM

If you are looking for a select and delayed vaxing doctor, Joseph W. Price is in the area.  About 10 min from Abington and Glenside.  www.partnersinwellness.us.  He does push HIB, Polio and DTAP pretty hard though, which is why we left him.  He works out of a home, all by himself.  Pretty nice.  Takes Aetna and Keystone and pretty much any insurance.

In Quakertown, say a 30 minute drive from that area you can find a no-vax friendly doctor.  Actually they're anti-vax.  Woodmed.com  Woodlands Medical Research Center.  All of the doctors are not only trained in western medicine but eastern as well, and more often than not they will prescribe you homeopathic remedies right there, but they do also give Rx as well, it depends on the illness.  One of the founders is actually Harold Buttram, MD, who is one of the outspoken anti-vaxers who was featured in Vaccine Nation.  I absolutely love this place, as we tend to go more in the line of natural remedies as well.  They may get you vaxes if you really want them, but I would ask.  They take Keystone and Blue Cross stuff, but they don't take Aetna. They do take medicare/medicaid. 

#6 of 6 Old 07-02-2011, 09:54 AM

I just posted in the other Montgomery County thread. We see Dr. Larry ****** in Lansdale. He's on Broad Street - convenient to 63, 463 and 309 (his office is sandwiched between 309 and 463). He does vaccines if you want them, but he actually prefers not to do them. So, he won't fight you on delaying or skipping anything.

Jenn treehugger.gifmama to Monkeylearning.gifSquishyenergy.gif& Riverangel1.gif(8wks)Wife to Mikejog.gif See you at the rainbow1284.gif Bridge, Abigael cat.gifand McKenna dog2.gifgd.gifnamaste.giffamilybed2.gifbellyhair.gifcaffix.gifcrochetsmilie.gifom.gifknit.gifcomputergeek2.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page