Looking for a HB friendly pediatrician in Queens, preferably North-East Queens or North-West Nassau - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 05-16-2011, 05:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi all,

I am planning a homebirth (it is right around the corner) and since I am new to Whitestone, Queens and Queens as a whole, I have been interviewing local peds I found off of google maps.

Honestly, it has been truly disappointing. They don't have any clients with homebirths and they act as if they cannot figure out what a midwife does. They are also really medically oriented from the get-go.

Does anyone know of a doctor in this area who would be welcoming us for a first visit and from then on?

I would like to travel, but not as far as Manhattan or Brooklyn. Of course, if I have to, I will. But I am hoping that natural mothering has spread to this part of town.

P.S. Our insurance is Aetna.

Thank you!!!

Sincerely,

Teodora

#2 of 3 Old 05-19-2011, 06:08 PM

Hi,

Dr. Izak Reischer in Forest Hills is HB friendly.  Call the office (718-268-6200) and they will schedule you for a consultation with him.  I did that when I was pregnant with a few docs and he was really the only one who was supportive of HB.  Honestly, I was not extremely impressed after I met him and needless to say the office space leaves a lot to be desired but he was HB supportive and other people that I know use him love him so I decided to give him a shot.  I cannot be more pleased with him and the office staff - he is very thorough, explains everything etc

#3 of 3 Old 08-14-2012, 10:15 PM

I know the moment has passed, but I'd like to second the recommendation of Dr. Izak Reischer. He's my kids' ped and was great with DD after her hb a year ago. Yes, the decor is outdated and the toys are a bit blah, but we go for his knowledge and skill as a pediatrician. He gave DD the newborn checkup and did the PKU test in office. He's very supportive of HB, is a proponent of ebf and is a font of info when it comes to organic foods and nutrition. Good doc.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page