NJ Family Care Docs? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 07-24-2011, 10:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We recently got approved for NJ Family Care for our whole family, and have the Horizon BCBS HMO.

Well, I went for a physical the other day and waited for *three and a half hours* in the waiting room. I finally walked out of the exam room after *another* half hour waiting for the doctor. After being there a while I realized this was not going to be a doctor who took an alternative approach to anything or was even mildly sympathetic to anything but drugs.

We've decided to pay out of pocket for our *awesome* pediatrician (though my kids are never sick, thanks to BF, no vax and real milk. :) But I would love, in case NJFC puts pressure on me, to know of any pedis that are the same way.

Does anyone have a recommendation for some under-the-radar holistic-minded doc (Primary as well as Pedi) that is on this plan? Thanks!!!

#2 of 2 Old 07-25-2011, 06:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Primary unfortunately I can't help with, I'm still looking for a good one myself.

For the Pediatrician though, Dr. Bacha, a pediatric DO in Tenafly, accepts Family Care and is absolutely amazing!  He's fine with no or delayed vaxing, absolutely doesn't push antibiotics, and is terrific with kids.  I've never had to much of a wait while there and his office staff is really sweet. 

He comes highly recommended as an open-minded Pedi in general, the fact that he takes Family Care is just a big bonus :)

Alexis, mom to DS 11/99 DD1 01/02 and DD2 09/23/11.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page