Mercer County Newbie with a lot of questions! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 08-04-2011, 12:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello everyone!

I'm new here and from the Princeton area, but currently living in the Netherlands.

I have a two year old son and trying for number two which would also be born around Princeton.

Unfortunately labor number one ended in an 'emergency' c-section. I believe it would have been avoidable if I had been better educated and refused to be induced.

Well, to get to the points;

I am looking for info on midwifes that are supportive of VBACs and would not mind delivering in a hospital (not to mention not leave my side during labor, I've heard some bad stories). To add to that she'd have to be willing to work with me just while I am there (2-3 last months of pregnancy). I hope that exists!

I am also looking for any other advice, groups, people.....  in the natural, spiritual, possibly also waldorf minded, etc. direction.

At my last labor I suddenly found myself alone, fearfull, abandoned by my support system, realizing my husband was not at that point capable of speaking for me because 'the doctors had spoken' and my mother's attitude became 'Oh this has been going on so long, who cares how they get it out!'. 

I was deeply dissapointed.

So for this next time I imagine strong, educated, spiritual women believing in what my body can do when I am tempted to give up.

I am afraid that my uterus is just not as good after the c-section, but I really want to try again despite my fear and could really use a good midwife/ friend/ info, etc.

I've just recently started hearing about hypno birthing and am interested in that.

For my husband's sake I will be delivering in a hospital again, but this time hoping to delay going there for as long as possible.

Although the thought of having access to an epidural just in case labor is a lot harder than I can handle is of course comforting in a strange way.

Anyway, I would be very  very greatful to anyone who has some advice!

Thank you!

#2 of 2 Old 08-09-2011, 04:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

You can definitely VBAC in the Princeton area.  Midwifery Care Associates in Pennington are very supportive of VBAC and attend births at Capital Health.  They offer wireless monitors which will allow you to move around and use the showers, tubs, etc for labor.  They stayed with me during the 17 hours I labored in the hospital for my VBAC.  You usually have to book with them early since they fill up but it's worth calling them.  You never know! 

There is also a midwifery group at Princeton Hospital (Delaware Valley midwives) that supports VBAC. 

I'd just make contact with potential providers early in your pregnancy and see what your options are. 

Princeton does have a Waldorf school (actually it's in Montgomery Twp) - they have classes and groups for younger kids (at least they did the last time i checked!)

Proud mommy 9/2004 ribboncesarean.gif , 11/2007 vbac.gif, 2/2011 ribboncesarean.gif
ICAN of New Jersey --> find 2010 NJ hospital birth stats here!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page