looking for a pediatrician/fam practitioner in the Syracuse, NY area - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-23-2011, 01:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello all, I am due with my first child in just a few days, and the docs we interviewed or called have not worked out as planned!
Is there anyone in the CNY area who can offer any recommendations on a doc who would be open to delayed vaccine schedules and "alternative" things like extended breastfeeding and co-sleeping?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2011, 06:18 AM

I only have the usuals that you mentioned on the AP group... Barash or Anderson

Wait... My friend used to see Dr rancier in Cicero with no problems but unsure if he is still open to no vax/delayed vax choices... I don't know of any others... 

treehugger.gif Birth and PP doula, Mama to DD (7/04) DS (3/08)    belly.gifwith #3 EDD 11/29/13, and 30+ chicken3.gif , 2 ducks

Old 10-03-2011, 06:41 PM

It sounds like you already know about Dr. Barash. Unless she's full I would highly recommend her practice. She has been wonderful and supportive of our choices. My daughter was born at home (planned), I exclusively breastfeed, we have a family bed and we're doing Dr. Sears "gentle" vaccine schedule, none of which I have ever been lectured about. In fact both her and her nurse are completely on board with doing a slower vaccine schedule (or none at all - one of my friends with a 4 month old is choosing to not vaccinate and also see's Dr. Barash without issue), she has been the only doctor we were able to find who would allow us to slowly immunize our daughter rather than the traditional schedule.
I have heard good things about Anderson as well, but we never met with her since we got in with Dr. Barash. Good luck, I know how frustrating it can be!

User Tag List