Moving to Plainview, Long Island area - need doula, OB & hospital reco - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-29-2011, 02:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi-

I'm getting ready to move to Long Island in about a month. I will be about 20 weeks. I'm looking for recommendations on a doula, an OB that has a high natural birth rate, a hospital and prenatal yoga classes. Any insights you have are greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Lisa

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2011, 06:31 PM

Welcome to long island! I grew up in Plainview but now live in Lynbrook. Nassau University medical Center in east Meadow is the hospital to go to for birthing (I wouldn't really go there for much else). it has the lowest C-section rate on the island and apparently is a great place to birth (considering all other options that is). You may want to try to look for an OB that works out of there (I use a midwife so I can't help with that!)

i do prenatal yoga in Rockville Centre and Franklin Square, which is too far for you but there are lots of yoga places close to you, i just recommend on in particular.

I am actually in the process of finding a doula myself so I will let you know if i find anyone great!!

Good luck!!

diana

Old 10-09-2011, 11:09 AM

I no longer live on LI but am still a member of this group:

http://www.lidoulas.com/

They have an amazing group of women.  You can find a doula using the link on the website. 

The doulas you call will probably be your best resource for naturally minded OB's.  If you want a hospital birth but are open to a midwife, you can check out http://www.gaiamidwives.com/aboutus.html

They deliver at Nassau Unive Med Ctr.

Victoria, natural childbirth educator and certified labor doula

User Tag List