VBAC#2? at birthcenter or home - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2011, 11:14 PM - Thread Starter
 
dakotablue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 970
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I had a wonderful VBAC with Malicha (sp?) of Valley Birthplace. I am losing/changing my health insurance at the end of this year to a sucker one that only covers 90%. I'm thinking a homebirth or birthcenter birth would be cheaper than hospital birth. Valley birthplace no longer does VBACs at the center (only in hospital) So I'm wondering if I should look around for another provider (even though they are awesome)

 

Are there anyplaces/ anyone who takes Vbacs at a center or home in/near Philadelphia?

 

Anyone have experience with this?

 

Note: I'm not currently pregnant, but like to have a plan.


biggrinbounce.gifDS 10/09  sleepytime.gifDS 2/17/11 stork-suprise.gif Blessing #3 sometime 2/13

 

dakotablue is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-03-2011, 04:25 AM
 
amymaew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Southeastern PA
Posts: 469
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


I think the only birth center in the area that does VBACs is Birth Care in Lancaster.  HB MWs include Christy Santoro or Laura Cochran - they both go to Philly and do VBACs.  Good luck!
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakotablue View Post

I had a wonderful VBAC with Malicha (sp?) of Valley Birthplace. I am losing/changing my health insurance at the end of this year to a sucker one that only covers 90%. I'm thinking a homebirth or birthcenter birth would be cheaper than hospital birth. Valley birthplace no longer does VBACs at the center (only in hospital) So I'm wondering if I should look around for another provider (even though they are awesome)

 

Are there anyplaces/ anyone who takes Vbacs at a center or home in/near Philadelphia?

 

Anyone have experience with this?

 

Note: I'm not currently pregnant, but like to have a plan.



 


Amy... mom to
Keith, Henry and Caroline
amymaew is offline  
Old 11-04-2011, 11:43 PM - Thread Starter
 
dakotablue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 970
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by amymaew View Post


I think the only birth center in the area that does VBACs is Birth Care in Lancaster.  HB MWs include Christy Santoro or Laura Cochran - they both go to Philly and do VBACs.  Good luck!
 



 


Thanks so much. Do you know if the MW's take insurance?

 

 


biggrinbounce.gifDS 10/09  sleepytime.gifDS 2/17/11 stork-suprise.gif Blessing #3 sometime 2/13

 

dakotablue is offline  
Old 11-05-2011, 08:03 AM
 
amymaew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Southeastern PA
Posts: 469
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


I don't know about Christy, but I know that Laura gets payment and then after the birth bills insurance and then reimburses.  Reimbursement totally depends on what insurance company you have.  I'd suggest asking them their experiences with your particular company
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakotablue View Post


Thanks so much. Do you know if the MW's take insurance?

 

 



 


Amy... mom to
Keith, Henry and Caroline
amymaew is offline  
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off