Non-yoga prenatal exercise class near Philly? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-09-2012, 05:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am guessing that these must exist, but I can't find them.  I have taken a prenatal yoga class, and found it very difficult;  my worst postures were the ones that required upper body strength, and, in prenatal, that is largely the focus (since there are more restrictions on the lower body).  Are there any non-yoga pregnancy fitness classes around?

Even if you don't know of one in Philly, just general information about what non-yoga classes might be available would help.  Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2012, 05:59 PM

Hi! 

Not sure if you have found a place yet!  I offer online personal training via telepresence (essentially through web cam).  My specialty is pre and post natal pilates and yoga.  If the yoga doesn't work out so well for you, we can just focus on pilates and light cardio.   Its the revolution of personal training!  You can work out in the comfort of your home and we schedule a time that works for us.  You need minimal equipment.  

Here is my website and if you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to email me. 

www. durgababy.com 

PS - I'm offering a 30% off a 5 class package right now too!  and you get the first session free! (which includes video set up, equipment review, and personal wellness review.)

see you soon!

cindy

Old 02-13-2012, 08:39 AM

There is Belly Pilates in Rosemont (basically right between Villanova and Bryn Mawr).  Also, the Healthplex in Springfield has a healthy mamas series (not sure the exact name) geared specifically at expectant moms.  Good luck!

Old 02-15-2012, 06:31 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellbornbaby View Post

There is Belly Pilates in Rosemont (basically right between Villanova and Bryn Mawr).  Also, the Healthplex in Springfield has a healthy mamas series (not sure the exact name) geared specifically at expectant moms.  Good luck!

This is exactly the kind of thing I was looking for!  Thanks so much.

User Tag List