Like-minded Mommas at the Jersey Shore? Please tell me you are out there! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 21 Old 02-16-2012, 01:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My little guy is 13 months and I've been on these boards lurking since before he was born and am finally posting! Hoping to find some moms and babes living at / near the Jersey Shore that share our view on things: extended bf'ing, family bed, baby wearing, unschooling, organic / vegan lifestyle, ..you get it by now ;) Please let me know I'm not alone!!
#2 of 21 Old 02-16-2012, 06:36 PM

You're not alone! :) Where on the shore are you? I haven't had much like finding like-minded friends, but some.

#3 of 21 Old 02-17-2012, 06:58 AM - Thread Starter

YAY - so glad to hear wink1.gif We're up your way fairly often - LOVE Seven Pres Park playground!

How old are your little one(s)? We are always on the hunt for great playgrounds, veg / kid friendly restaurants, organic farmers markets, great consignment shops, natural baby stores, etc... Do you have recommendations for things up in your area?

I moved home 3 years ago after living in Eugene, OR for 8 years and San Francisco for 1 .... I am desperately missing the lifestyle greensad.gif But alas, here we are home at the Jersey Shore making the best of it! We LOVE the beach and go year-round!

smile.gif
Leanne
#4 of 21 Old 02-17-2012, 04:05 PM

My son is just about 18 months, and I have another little one due in April. We love 7 Presidents as well, would love to meet for a playdate anytime!

As far as recommendations... I'm not from the area and don't know a whole lot, but our favorite playground is in Rumson, I think in Sickles Park? We've tried and haven't been too impressed with a few farmers markets during the summer, but there's always a decent organic selection. We also occasionally get organic produce delivered from suburbanorganics.com and have been really happy with them.

There's a big consignment blowout coming up in a few weeks at Brookdale CC in Lincroft. Looking forward to checking that out. And I just joined a great breastfeeding support group that meets in Colts Neck, let me know if you want more info on that!

Trying to think of what else... My good friend is vegan and absolutely loves Kaya's Kitchen in Belmar. I've only been once, but it was really good, and seemed pretty family friendly. At least, I didn't get the side eye for taking DS, who was at the time 8 months or so.

We also love the beach and are THRILLED that this winter has been so mild- we lose our minds if we don't get out to the park or something a few times a week!

#5 of 21 Old 02-17-2012, 04:05 PM

Oops... posted twice.

#6 of 21 Old 02-17-2012, 05:52 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the suggestions!

Too funny!! We've been going to Bosom Buddies since my son was 6 weeks old!! Casi is amazing! We've been missing the meetings though because he has fallen into a nap 'schedule' (all his doing!) with his morning nap lasting roughly from 9:30-11:30. How many meetings have you been to? All the moms are great!

And we go to Kayas about 2x a month smile.gif Very yummy indeed!

And yes - that consignment sale at Brookdale is awesome! Went in the fall and it was huge - but because I'm so dang particular about what I purchase it's pretty easy to sort through the PILES of stuff / junk.

I've been to Sickles Market but never the playground - will check it out! If my son wakes early we always try head to BB on Wednesdays so maybe we'll see you there next week! If not, let's meet for a playdate - PM so we can exchange info wink1.gif

#7 of 21 Old 02-20-2012, 07:29 AM

So it looks like you know the area better than I do! :)

I actually just went two weeks ago to my first Bosom Buddies meeting, and then DS's nap schedule was whacked last week- hoping to make it again this week!

Will PM now about a playdate :)

#8 of 21 Old 12-16-2012, 09:40 AM

Hello, local mamas!  :)

I'm sort of right around the corner, really, from Sickles in Red Bank, but we've not gone to the park there.  We'll have to try it.  I walk the track at Count Basie field and we generally just pop over to their little play area.  

I've been wanting to make it to a Bosom Buddies meeting but my 6-month-old is just now tolerating the car.  Are there usually quite a few mamas there?  

We found a great resource at a place in Little Silver called the Nest.  We just went to the holiday party there yesterday for the new moms group they have on Tuesday mornings.  The also host the Holistic Moms Network meetings.  It's such a warm, welcoming place.  The two ladies there, Colleen and Nancy, were the doulas at my birth.  Here's the link:   http://www.readyforbirth.com/

Maybe I will see you at a BB meeting...

#9 of 21 Old 12-19-2012, 03:30 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I am in monmouth county and seeking like minded moms and play dates. My son just turned three. We like Sickles park, Seven Presidents too. Does anyone know it's current condition after the hurricane? The Nest seems like a nice place, have been there for HMN meeting.
#10 of 21 Old 01-10-2013, 07:24 AM

Hi..looking for like minded mommies, too. We live in Neptune City. Let's meet for playdate!
#11 of 21 Old 01-10-2013, 07:28 AM

Hi asiago... I am tandem nursing my 2 sons and my 2 yo nurses 24 7 also! Let's make frenz!
#12 of 21 Old 01-10-2013, 07:35 AM

Hey nettiin! Hit me up!
#13 of 21 Old 01-28-2013, 07:14 AM

I just moved here from Alaska!  I have also lived on the West Coast - CA, WA.  I grew up in New Jersey though and came back for family support as I am a single mother of 3 boys ages 4,6, & 8.  I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to meet like-minded Mamas!!!! 

#14 of 21 Old 02-07-2013, 02:20 AM

Well maybe u'd LOVE to meet me, hope, hope. Idk how to use these posts that well but caan we exchange numbers somehow?
#15 of 21 Old 02-07-2013, 02:20 AM

Well maybe u'd LOVE to meet me, hope, hope. Idk how to use these posts that well but caan we exchange numbers somehow?
#16 of 21 Old 02-08-2013, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhartrn View Post

I just moved here from Alaska!  I have also lived on the West Coast - CA, WA.  I grew up in New Jersey though and came back for family support as I am a single mother of 3 boys ages 4,6, & 8.  I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to meet like-minded Mamas!!!! 
#17 of 21 Old 02-08-2013, 05:31 AM

I don' t know about everyone else but it seems to me that most jersey shore toddlers start preschool at 2 or 3. I am hoping to make friends with another mother who has her toddler home w her so that they and we can " find our tribe"...
#18 of 21 Old 03-26-2013, 06:32 AM

Somebody be brave and give me a chance! I am a great potential friend... Funny, nonjudgemental, not stalker like or desperate (in case my posts give that impression), most of all dedicated to bringing up my children the very best I can and knowing that my best would be better w likeminded company. So come on galz....reply! I wear deoderant, promise! (Paraben free ofcourse)
#19 of 21 Old 03-26-2013, 06:33 AM

Somebody be brave and give me a chance! I am a great potential friend... Funny, nonjudgemental, not stalker like or desperate (in case my posts give that impression), most of all dedicated to bringing up my children the very best I can and knowing that my best would be better w likeminded company. So come on galz....reply! I wear deoderant, promise! (Paraben free ofcourse)
#20 of 21 Old 06-21-2013, 08:58 AM

I live in N. Ocean County, no little one yet, I have a 16 yo son from a previous relationship, and due in Feb 2014 with my 2nd.  I am planning a home/waterbirth, no interventions, I have yet to meet my midwife in person, but she sounded great by phone (no ultrasounds, no Doppler, etc etc.) She said she also will recommend homebirth friendly pediatricians, which apparently is important after you homebirth so you are not criticized etc.  I breastfed my first son until he stopped, which was 8 months.  I am so looking forward to starting all over again, especially since I am older, wiser, and stronger.  This area is sadly short on 'earthy' natural types, but hoping to find some. 

I am actually posting because I can recommend Jason's Organic Pizza Café in Point Pleasant Beach, NJ.  The have vegan, non vegan, gluten free, organic pizzas, salads, and specials.  AND they deliver! 

#21 of 21 Old 07-06-2013, 06:33 AM

In September, I will be moving to Egg Harbor Township. My children are 5.5, 3.5, 1.5 and one due next month. I would love to meet other like-minded moms nearby!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page