natural childbirth in Greensburg PA? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-01-2012, 02:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm moving to Latrobe in June and due early November. There aren't any midwives at Westmoreland Hospital so I'm worried I may need to drive to Pittsburgh instead. Has anyone delivered at Westmoreland? Are there homebirth midwives in the area?
#2 of 4 Old 03-08-2012, 04:54 AM

Unfortunately, there are no midwives at Westmoreland.  I live in Greensburg and I'm due the beginning of November as well and I am delivering at the Midwife Center in Pittsburgh.  There are a lot of options as far as midwife attended birth, but you have to be willing to drive to Pittsburgh to take advantage.  You can have a midwife attended birth through Forbes, Magee, or Mercy (as a Midwife Center patient). Where are you moving from?

As far as homebirth, western PA isn't the most homebirth friendly place.  It's very difficult to find a legal midwife (CNM) in the area that'll do it, so you'd have to do a lot of searching for some of the illegal ones.  http://www.lotusblossombirth.com/ <<<she's a lay midwife, so I don't know how comfortable you are with that.  

Good Luck!

Allison

#3 of 4 Old 03-08-2012, 07:17 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much for the info. I am moving in from Harrisburg but I actually used to live in Pittsburgh back when I had my first two little ones. So, I"m comfortable delivering in Pittsburgh in that respect, but not looking forward to the drive. Oh well. Thanks again!

Elizabeth

#4 of 4 Old 03-14-2012, 09:17 PM

i dont how this all works but i am new to the irwin/greensburg area and am looking for some other mamas out there! i have no clue how to start and i saw this thread... i have a soon to be 5 month old and we just moved here from texas....

help?-Kate

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page