Looking for a Morristown, NJ area provider who will deliver twins vaginally/naturally. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 04-02-2012, 09:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm wondering anyone knows of a provider (ob or mw) that delivers twins vaginally and has the ability to do deliveries out of morristown hosp preferably. My friend is expecting her first and second and she really wants to go natural but would rather morristown because there is a nicu. If you have any leads please let me know, even if it's not Morristown hosp.  Mama is very dedicated to trying to make natural work and she wants to BF so the less interventions necessary the better!  Having a provider she can trust to tell her if she REALLY needs a c-section and only in an emergency is so important. Lmk if you have any recommendations. TIA.

Cindy + DH Paul = DS1 (4/26/06), DS2 (11/30/07), DD (12/20/10) & surprise 4th edition coming in April 2014.

Bradley Method Natural Childbirth Educator, Doula, and Breastfeeding Counselor

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 12 Old 04-02-2012, 11:33 AM

GreenMama, has your friend spoken to Avalon Midwives yet?  I had a vaginal birth at Morristown Memorial - not with twins but with AMA and PIH - and it was attended by Lisa Millstein of Avalon, who did a great job. 

I honestly don't know what Avalon's policy on twins is, but it might be worth asking!

#3 of 12 Old 04-02-2012, 02:21 PM - Thread Starter

No idea but I will ask her! Thanks for the reco!

Cindy + DH Paul = DS1 (4/26/06), DS2 (11/30/07), DD (12/20/10) & surprise 4th edition coming in April 2014.

#4 of 12 Old 04-04-2012, 01:32 PM

Dr Judy Banks at Morristown has done med free twin births and VBAC twins births. I know with the VBAC (I assume this is because mom never had a vaginal birth), baby A had to be head down.  Dr Garfinkel would be worth asking as well.

Proud mommy 9/2004 ribboncesarean.gif , 11/2007 vbac.gif, 2/2011 ribboncesarean.gif
ICAN of New Jersey --> find 2010 NJ hospital birth stats here!

#5 of 12 Old 04-16-2012, 07:49 AM

Try the Hackettstown Midwives. They deliver at Morristown now...they are awesome!

#6 of 12 Old 05-02-2012, 06:21 AM

Hi!  I had my twins with Dr. Banks and she was wonderful.  I interviewed many care providers and chose her, as she seemed so nonchalant about my desire to have them on my own terms.  Her attitude was "your body created them, and is carrying them without help, so of course you can birth them naturally."  I also got a great feeling from the midwives at All Women's Healthcare in Flemington and Lonnie Morris up near Montclair.  Here is my blogpost about my twin birth experience with Dr. Banks: http://www.doulanj.com/blog.html

enjoy!

carolyn

Mom to Liam 9/06, spirit baby 3/09, and identical twins Mateo and Sebastian 10/11namaste.gif

#7 of 12 Old 05-07-2012, 11:58 AM

I would also recommend the Hackettstown Midwives.  They are all lovely and experienced and very open to changes along the way and supporting your decisions.

#8 of 12 Old 09-23-2012, 05:00 AM

hi!  i am really interested in reading your story about the birth of your twins with dr. banks.  (i can't seem to get to your blog when i click the link) i just had my 20 week scan and found out that we are having twins!  before this i was planning a homebirth, so i'm a little overwhlemed at the moment.  were you also using a midwife for the birth of your twins?  this will be baby number 2 and 3 and the first was natural without meds in mmh.  any positive information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.  thanks!

#9 of 12 Old 09-23-2012, 07:34 AM - Thread Starter

I'm also really interested in reading the post. I think the blog is down. The couple are my really good friends, and they are also taking my Bradley Natural Childbirth classes. They REALLY don't want drugs and to be induced. I can teach and teach and teach my passion of natural childbirth to them, but we all know that the choice of a trustworthy provider is one of the most important decisions any pregnant person can make. Their current providers are giving less than encouraging answers about her options.

#10 of 12 Old 09-26-2012, 11:56 PM

I would also recommend Dr. Banks. She VBACed twins at Morristown while I was there in labor last month, hoping for a VBAC of my own. She came into my room afterwards to tell me about it. One was breech. She's very supportive of the mother's desire to have a natural birth.
#11 of 12 Old 09-27-2012, 04:57 AM

green mama, hi - has your friend expecting twins made a decision yet?  i am totally open to any information regarding natural delivery of twins possible. all the bests to them!

#12 of 12 Old 10-04-2012, 08:21 AM - Thread Starter

Yep, they're going with Dr. Banks!  I'm happy for them that they've found someone more supportive. Thanks to everyone for your suggestions!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page