Question about hotels/transportation in Albany - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 04-17-2012, 08:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm heading up to Albany (flying) in a few weeks (hopefully!) to see Dr. Kotlow for my DD's tongue tie. The address of his office is: 340 Fuller Road, Albany, NY. I'm looking for advice on hotels/transportation (between his office and the airport) etc. I have never been to Albany, so I know nothing about the various areas there...in fact I never even travel by plane or stay in hotels so I am totally lost! Hoping for any advice people have. Cost is deinfitly a player here, but, not at the expense of safety/cleanlieness etc. :-)

Thanks mamas!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 05-02-2012, 11:14 AM

Howdy! Your best bet will be to stay in a hotel on Western Ave (look for ones by the SUNY Albany uptown campus). The Holiday Inn (1442 Western Ave), Days Inn (1230 Western Ave), and Best Western (1228 Western Ave) are all within a half-mile of Dr. Kotlow's office, and you could easily walk there. They are all also within walking distance of Stuyvesant Plaza, a shopping plaza across the street from Dr. Kotlow, that has a number of restaurants. You could catch a cab from the airport to the hotel (~15 min trip, maybe $20?) or see if any of the hotels have a shuttle (I believe Best Western does, not sure about the others). This is a very safe area, with good sidewalks, and I've had friends who have stayed at these hotels without any issues.

That said, do NOT come the weekend of May 18-20, as that's the UAlbany graduation, and these hotels will be booked solid and/or expensive :P

Sara -- wife of Eric -- mom of Gabe (Aug 2008 - HIE, microcephaly, epilepsy, and way too much energy!) and Ari (Sept 2010)
Always remembering identical twins miscarried Jul 2007
#3 of 3 Old 05-09-2012, 09:04 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks the response...just getting back to this thread now. We found a relative about an hour away to stay with and drove up as a family in the end (We drove up last Thursday for a Friday appointment). I was pleasently surprised how nice the area was and Dr. Kotlow and every there were great and my DD's tongue has so much more mobility...we'll make plans to go up there within a week of birth if we have another tongue tied baby (extremly likely since I'm 3 for 3 so far and they run strong on both sides of the family) instead of waiting 5 months and seeing doctors who do not revise correctly.

Thanks again for your input!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page