possible POX in Cold Spring NY - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-21-2012, 04:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We exposed ds 10 days ago.  It seems he has 3 spots.  But I won't be sure until morning.

Alas we can't host tomorrow.  But if it is indeed chicken pox we can host visiors Monday morning 9-11:30am. 

More details tomorrow if he is indeed poxy...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2012, 07:27 PM

Keep us posted smile.gif

Old 04-22-2012, 04:53 AM - Thread Starter

Yup, a couple more this morning, and that's just with a quick glance.  Too cold right now to strip him down.

Alas we cannot host today.  But we'll be open for poxing tomorrow at 9am.  PM me if you want directions.

Also, if you're seeking, join the "Chicken Pox Parties--NY Metro Area" group on facebook.  A half-dozen kids were exposed in Putnam Valley about 10 days ago.  So there may be some good opportunities within the next few days/week...it's a private group, so just request to join and say that you heard of us from mothernig.com.

Old 04-22-2012, 06:02 AM - Thread Starter

Actually we CAN host today, Sunday, 4-5pm.  And tomorrow morning 9-11:30am.  PM me for directions...

Old 04-22-2012, 08:54 AM

This afternoon we are busy and I'm trying to decide if I can justify calling in to work tomorrow morning....I will get back to you later today.  I think the facebook group is private; I can't find it.  Any ideas how I could get added? This is me: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=508256993 Thanks so much.  How's your little one feeling?

Old 04-22-2012, 08:57 AM

I don't know if my last reply came through, but I just found the facebook group - Thank you :)

Old 04-22-2012, 09:23 AM

It would appear my response to your latest message did not post.  What I said was unfortunately we are unable to come down this afternoon/evening and I'm trying to decide if I can justify calling in to work in the morning....I'll let you know.  Thanks again.  How's your little one feeling?

Old 04-22-2012, 04:43 PM - Thread Starter

He's doing fine, thanks, Loverly.  Keep an eye on that fb page if you can't make it here tomorrow.  One boy who was here today may have it himself (from the same exposure my son had 10 days ago).  And hopefully some of the 5 kids who came today for exposure will catch...

Old 04-22-2012, 05:42 PM

I can't make it tomorrow after all.  I will keep checking the various pages for upcoming gatherings.  Thank you for the invitation!

Old 04-22-2012, 10:40 PM

Hello, If anyone brings the pox to NYC, I need my 5 children exposed.  Please let me know and thank you for sharing!!

Old 04-26-2012, 06:23 AM

I am so upset I missed when this thread was first started! We got the pox from a family up in Cold Spring a few years ago & I'd love for my other 2 children who haven't gotten it yet to get it over with! Please PM me, I'm willing to make the drive, thanks :)

Old 04-26-2012, 06:46 AM - Thread Starter

Don't despair!  There's lots of pox around here now!

Sent you a PM.

Anyone interested, join the fb group "Chicken Pox Parties NY Metro Area."

Some here now.  Should be more in a fortnight as well.

Old 04-26-2012, 07:13 AM

Do you guys mind if I ask a dopey question?  I have had Chicken Pox as a child, and im currently breastfeeding my 20 month old ....he breastfeeds probably only 4 - 6 x in 24 hours.  But because I am immune to it - wont i pass along that immunity to the pox in my BM?   Is it better to wait until he has weaned to expose him to Chicken pox? 

We are currently vaxing him on a very delayed schedule and i would love for him to acquire this one naturally!

TIA

Happy at Home Mama to DD 4/95 DS 4/98 and DS#2 8/10  femalesling.GIF        h20homebirth.gif       sewmachine.gif

http://www.etsy.com/shop/motherhendoula

Old 04-26-2012, 06:28 PM - Thread Starter

It is harder for breastfeeding tots to get it due to the immunity in your milk.  But if they get it, they get the immunity.  By still very-actively bf'ing 22 month old got it on the first try!

Old 04-27-2012, 12:04 PM

Thanks for the clarification! 

Happy at Home Mama to DD 4/95 DS 4/98 and DS#2 8/10  femalesling.GIF        h20homebirth.gif       sewmachine.gif

http://www.etsy.com/shop/motherhendoula

Old 04-27-2012, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkrum View Post

I am so upset I missed when this thread was first started! We got the pox from a family up in Cold Spring a few years ago & I'd love for my other 2 children who haven't gotten it yet to get it over with! Please PM me, I'm willing to make the drive, thanks :)

Me too!  My daughter got pox courtesy of MDC from a family in Beacon back in '09 and now I'm hoping to expose my son.  I'm hoping this strain keeps going so we can catch it in a few weeks!

robina. unschooling mama and midwifery student.  building my nest with my husband, our daughter (born at home 11/07), our son (home waterbirth 5/10), and our newest little girl (born at home 4/13)!

Old 04-29-2012, 06:05 PM - Thread Starter

It's in Cold Spring NOW (my friend just found her sons first spots TODAY) and will be around here in a fortnight too as lots of folks are exposing.  I'll be offline for a week (www.screenfree.org).  Go to the Chicken Pox Parties NY Metro Area site on fb.  If you're not on fb call me 845 265 3969.  I'll help.

Old 04-30-2012, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamsia View Post

It's in Cold Spring NOW (my friend just found her sons first spots TODAY) and will be around here in a fortnight too as lots of folks are exposing.  I'll be offline for a week (www.screenfree.org).  Go to the Chicken Pox Parties NY Metro Area site on fb.  If you're not on fb call me 845 265 3969.  I'll help.

Thanks!  Joined the group.  Hoping to catch the next round because tomorrow is the poor kid's birthday so it'd be a pretty mean gift.  :P

robina. unschooling mama and midwifery student.  building my nest with my husband, our daughter (born at home 11/07), our son (home waterbirth 5/10), and our newest little girl (born at home 4/13)!

Old 05-12-2012, 09:27 PM

Please contact me when you hear more pox cases.  I don't have fb so this site is my only information about cases.  I'd love to meet up!

User Tag List