C-section rates of NJ Midwives/OBGYNs - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 05-02-2012, 06:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am compiling a list of C-Section Rates for OBs and Midwives in NJ.  Before I begin to call around, has anyone done any research on their own and have any information to share?  I would like for this list to be a resource for women in NJ as a compliment to ICAN's fabulous list of intervention rates for Hospitals.  When the list is complete, I will share the information with all.

All Love,

Carolyn

Mom to Liam 9/06, spirit baby 3/09, and identical twins Mateo and Sebastian 10/11namaste.gif

#2 of 6 Old 05-02-2012, 07:10 AM

http://www.choicesinchildbirth.org/

Happy at Home Mama to DD 4/95 DS 4/98 and DS#2 8/10  femalesling.GIF        h20homebirth.gif       sewmachine.gif

http://www.etsy.com/shop/motherhendoula

#3 of 6 Old 05-04-2012, 02:54 PM

Just wondering how you are going to get the info...from docs or the hospitals? I think it is a great project (being an OB who is very proud of my low section rate ;) However, I could see other docs either not knowing their rate or "guessing" a maybe less than accurate rate. 

#4 of 6 Old 05-08-2012, 07:50 AM - Thread Starter

Hi DocMom,

Well, I am planning to call, though I was afraid that what you suggested might be true.  I guess if a doc didn't know, I would make that note and that speaks for itself.  Would you mind PMing me your rate and a little about your practice?  I always love to pass on info about OBs with great stats!

Carolyn

Mom to Liam 9/06, spirit baby 3/09, and identical twins Mateo and Sebastian 10/11namaste.gif

#5 of 6 Old 05-30-2012, 01:20 PM

If you do end up finding the information would you pass it on?  I teach Bradley Method Childbirth classes and I would love to have the information for my students!!!

Cindy + DH Paul = DS1 (4/26/06), DS2 (11/30/07), DD (12/20/10) & surprise 4th edition coming in April 2014.

Bradley Method Natural Childbirth Educator, Doula, and Breastfeeding Counselor

#6 of 6 Old 06-07-2012, 09:54 AM

Check out the ICAN of NJ site. They have c-section rates listed by hospital. Might be a good place to start. 

Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light. ~Dylan Thomas

<3 LBM <3 AHM <3

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page