Montgomery Hospital allows birth/labor pools? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-02-2012, 08:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have been told some conflicting information about Montgomery Hospital allowing patients to bring in their own birthing pools.  Midwifery traditions (kathy Hindle delivers at montgomery) told me that Montgomery allows it.  Then I called The Valley Birthplace, and they said that Montgomery's rooms aren't big enough for a birthing pool (they also deliver at Montgomery).  Does anyone know from experience what Montgomery Hospitals policy is for this?

Then to make things more complicated, Montgomery is closing their labor and delivery unit on Sept 29th and all patients will go to Einstein medical center (new hospital being built now), Apparently their rooms will be bigger and nicer. I've tried getting in touch with someone at Einstein about this, but she said she hasn't been asked that question before and will have to call me back within a few days....ugh!  Does anyone know anything about either of these hospitals and what is allowed??

This is driving me crazy!!

#2 of 5 Old 05-02-2012, 10:36 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hi,

The midwife one of my clients was seeing told her she could bring it, too, and we did, but she had the baby before we got it up. ;)  So, I imagine it depends. Probably some of the people you are asking just haven't had anyone ask before so they don't know the answer and are giving you their best guess.

Good luck!

Lori

Already!?!?! cold.gif  ~ Lori, doula, childbirth educator, wife to Jermaine 6/04, and mom to two happy and energetic boys - Tatum 6/06 and Keegan 3/09

#3 of 5 Old 05-03-2012, 06:28 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you!!  That's great news!

I received an email back from Einstein saying they are still looking into it for me, and will be back in touch with me soon.  I hope they will follow the same protocol as Montgomery!

If anyone else has any knowledge about this please let me know :)

#4 of 5 Old 05-04-2012, 06:43 AM - Thread Starter

Einstein medical center just called me.  She talked to the director of the OB department and she said that water birth is absolutely allowed and they are 100% on board with it!!  That is so exciting for me to hear!!

#5 of 5 Old 05-07-2012, 03:21 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Wow. Thanks for sharing! Please update us if you go there and end up using a pool and/or birthing in it!

Already!?!?! cold.gif  ~ Lori, doula, childbirth educator, wife to Jermaine 6/04, and mom to two happy and energetic boys - Tatum 6/06 and Keegan 3/09

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page