Looking for a pediatrician in Maplewood / South Orange NJ Area who does not require full vaccination - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-07-2012, 12:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi There,

I am currently expecting our first child and am relatively new to the area so am looking for recommendations of pediatricians who are willing to work with us on the vaccination issue.

I have heard of a few pediatricians who will work with us but none of them are local so I would appreciate your assistance.

We are delivering our baby at Morristown with the help of Hackettstown Midwives (in case that matters).

Thanks everyone!

#2 of 5 Old 05-08-2012, 06:07 PM

Hey there,

When we lived in Montclair, we went to Dr. Maria Yerovi in Bloomfield and LOVED her!!! Very knowledgable, great personality and very much respected that we did not vax.  Highly recommend her.  We moved out of the area recently and are trying to find someone as amazing.  Good luck!

#3 of 5 Old 05-09-2012, 07:07 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much for your recommendation.  I will check her out now!

#4 of 5 Old 05-09-2012, 12:11 PM

Hi, Our pediatrician respected that we don't vacc. We simply stated it clearly to him at our first appointment and he was totally fine. It is one of those things that you as a parent/consumer must advocate for, so don't be intimidated--it's your baby! His name is Dr. Wesley Boodish. He is in Millburn on Millburn Ave./border of Maplewood.
#5 of 5 Old 05-09-2012, 12:28 PM - Thread Starter

Brilliant, thanks so much.  I have been shocked by how many pediatricians won't work with us when I start asking questions.  It is nice to hear that there are others out there who also want to make informed decisions about what is going into their childrens bodies. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page