Are there any PA moms that did not do a TB test for their child for kindergarten registration? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-15-2012, 09:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I really need some help.

I do not want to do a tb test for my dd who is entering kindergarten in the fall.

I have the physical form that the dr fills out, and I'm not sure what to do. I just do not want dd tested.

Anyone else btdt? I could really use some help/advice!

TIA!!

All natural sahm to dd1(12yo) and dd2(6yo). Married 16 years.

Time for the Master Tonic! thumb.gif

#2 of 5 Old 05-30-2012, 06:52 PM

Neither of my boys had a TB test nut it wasn't on their form either. It can't be a state requirement because son #1 went to kindergarten in Indiana County and son #2 in Dauphin county (just this past school year) and neither one required a TB test. Not sure what advice to offer other than to let you know it is specific to the school district. Best of luck to you...

#3 of 5 Old 05-30-2012, 07:12 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks.... it sounds encouraging. I've got my fingers crossed... I am just going to see what they say when I turn in the form. So frustrating!

All natural sahm to dd1(12yo) and dd2(6yo). Married 16 years.

Time for the Master Tonic! thumb.gif

#4 of 5 Old 06-05-2012, 12:56 PM

We didn't have a requirement for TB last year at our school. However, we don't vaccinate and all we had to do was sign a paper stating our philosophical exemption and that was it. Perhaps TB would fall under the same thing.

Jenn treehugger.gifmama to Monkeylearning.gifSquishyenergy.gif& Riverangel1.gif(8wks)Wife to Mikejog.gif See you at the rainbow1284.gif Bridge, Abigael cat.gifand McKenna dog2.gifgd.gifnamaste.giffamilybed2.gifbellyhair.gifcaffix.gifcrochetsmilie.gifom.gifknit.gifcomputergeek2.gif

#5 of 5 Old 06-11-2012, 07:50 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I think the tb test is required only if it's something the doctors currently do routinely. And I'm not sure it's what the area doctors are currently doing. So I think it might essentially be at the doctor's discretion and you may be fine. I know the subject comes up on the homeschool groups a lot and many people say their kids weren't tested. The homeschoolers are subject to the same health care requirements. They need to send in a letter of exemption if they don't vax, etc. My own ds had a tb test when he was a toddler but the school district doesn't know that. The new doctor didn't give him one when he had an exam before officially entered the homeschool program (third grade when we first started reporting) and doesn't know ds had gotten one as a toddler, either.

Mom to unschooling 4everboy since 8/01

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page