ok Allentown area mamas. there have to be some crunchy/semi-crunchy moms out there wanting to connect!!
I am a 34 year old mom of 2 boys 5 and 2. I consider myself moderately crunchified. By that I mean I:
2. Buy local whenever possible
3. prefer organic
4. cry when I talk about childbirth-especially natural childbirth...look out, I may tell you my birth stories because they were the 2 most powerful experiences of my life and I like to talk about them.
5. wore my kids in slings or carriers of some sort as much as possible and still do when I can get away with it.
6. breastfed until my kids were done
7. advocate breastfeeding whenever possible
8. live in Asheville NC for 6 years which I consider Crunch Capitol of the East. Miss my hippy mama Asheville friends even though I am from this area:)
9. you don't really care do you.......
Anyway, post here.
I'd love to get a group of us together.
Hi! I grew up in the Lehigh Valley, and just returned here after being in CA for the past 8 years. I also have 2 boys, 5 and 2, and also another child due in September. I would love to meet up with other like-minded mamas in the area! I am a stay at home mom, and my husband is on the road a lot, so my schedule is wide open. I hope we can build a LV tribe, as I sure do miss my CA mamas!
Yes, we crunchy moms do exist. I've got a 2 year old and would love to get together but I'm away for the summer. Best thing I'd recommend is attend one of our area meetings for either:
- LLL - http://www.lllusa.org/web/LehighCountyPA.html
- Babywearing - LVBW on Facebook, though the group doesn't meet regularly anymore. https://www.facebook.com/groups/385851730385/
- Empowered Birth - (same name on Facebook) our local birthie mamas, GREAT group.
- LV Cloth Diapering Group - a yahoo group for fans of fluff, though most of our kiddos have outgrown them. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LVArea_CDgroup/
A lot of the same women are in each group, but you'll find a lot of crunchies if you start looking there. Good luck!
Hello! I'm over in Easton so not too far. I'm also looking for like-minded people in the area. I have a 3 1/2 year old daughter. I work from home and my mother-in-law watches my daughter, so I'm looking for people with similar age kids to get out of the house and be a little more social! I like your "moderately crunchified" list and would consider myself the same. I probably don't do as much as I would like, but I do my best to make healthier, more natural choices whenever possible.
If anyone is interested in a good place to meet up, the Easton Farmer's Market (http://www.eastonfarmersmarket.com/) on Saturdays is wonderful. Lots of good fruits and vegetables and they usually have crafts or other activities for kids. We try to to go whenever possible and my daughter loves it.
I'm in Easton, and consider myself crispy. lol I fall somewhere in the middle of the spectrum, not quite mainstream, but not quite crunchy either. My DD is 3.5 and my DS will be 2 next month.
I'm a single mom juggling full time work and some college courses, so time is tight, but whenever anything works out to meet up it's always fun.
I second TSomm's groups that she listed. There is a local ECO Moms group too I beleive that can be found on meetup.com.
Proud Single Mama, Birth & Postpartum Doula
Student, Aspiring CNM
DD ~ 1/7/09 DS ~ 9/22/10
|19 members and 7,625 guests|
|Dovenoir , JourstadS , katelove , Kelleybug , kristinadavis1 , lauren , lifeguard , lilmissgiggles , mrquintes98 , NaturallyKait , nightohm19 , sciencemum , shantimama , Shmootzi , Socks , StillMe , zebra15|
|Most users ever online was 449,755, 06-25-2014 at 12:21 PM.|