Rhinebeck NY vs. Red Hook NY public schools - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 06-13-2012, 08:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi there, we are debating between moving into the (upstate) Red Hook or the Rhinebeck school districts. We have two young girls who would both be starting from kindergarten on. Does anyone have kids in either system? Pros and cons? We would LOVE some input. Thanks!

#2 of 2 Old 06-18-2012, 02:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Rhinebeck and Red Hook are both frequently asked for districts. ( I am a realtor in Rhinebeck) Red Hook is twice the size of Rhinebeck and has superior sports facilities.  Rhinebeck has a strong focus on the arts and many transplanted New Yorkers. My 4 children went through Rhinebeck which made Newsweeks and Washington Posts top 1000 schools in the country based on rigor. Red Hook did not make the cut this year but has in the past. Rhinebeck is lenient with alternative lifestyles- my kids are not immunized and that is absolutely fine. I am sure your children can get all they need from either. both highly rated.  The guidance dept in RB is superior. I know a parent in RH  and one from a private school that hired a RB guidance councelor for college help. Hope that helps. If you need help selecting a home I would  love to show you around!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page