Radical black mama with interracial family looking for mamas to hang with in West Philly! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 06-22-2012, 08:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Greetings!

My partner is starting a graphic design job at a non-profit in Philadelphia and family and I are moving from STL to West Philadelphia in August and I am looking for some friends!

My family consists of myself, my 6 month old daughter and my male partner. We are into baby wearing, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, etc. and we are a mostly vegan family. I love to cook, ride bikes, spend time outdoors, sew, make art and play! I am also an artist and part time art teacher here in STL.

We are a multi-racial family I'm black, partner is white. Looking for some solidarity with black and brown mamas/ interracial families but really any like minded folks are just wonderful!!

We are also looking for recommendations on doctors that are no-vax/delayed schedule friendly in the area.

Peace!

#2 of 5 Old 06-26-2012, 07:50 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Just wanted to say hello! I don't live in that area any more but used to live near Phila. I hope you find some like minded folks soon! I would think there would be lots of cool folks in West Philly. Is the Phila Folksong Society still going? I used to meet people at their shows a lot, but that was before kids!!

#3 of 5 Old 07-08-2012, 05:30 PM

Look into a yahoo group called TBC Breastfeeding support (also a FB group). It's an amazing group of breast feeders and they have biweekly meetings in West Philly. It would be a great place to meet other moms.
It's affiliated with the birth center in Bryn Mawr, but anyone can attend. Good luck!

Happy SAHM Mom and CBE to three jumpers.gifboys:  DS1 (11/06), DS2 (7/08), DS3 (11/10) and D?4 (12/12)!

#4 of 5 Old 07-14-2012, 11:12 AM

Hi!

I don't live in West Philly, but I'm there a lot. It sounds like we share many of the same interests, and I'm always excited to meet other radical parents in the area. My family is also multi-racial - I'm white, my partner is black, and we have a 7 month old. I'd be happy to point you to some other families, general West Philly awesomeness, as well as some doctor suggestions. I've also been to the TBC breastfeeding group a couple of times if you want to know more about that.

Send me a message if you'd like!

#5 of 5 Old 01-20-2014, 05:15 PM

I know it's an old post, but thought I'd reach out.  I am interested in meeting up with similar parents, so let me know if you're still around.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page