Need dentist recommendations in south jersey/Philly area - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-05-2012, 08:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone know of a dentist in the south jersey/Philly area that uses BPA free fillings? My husband went to the dentist recently and found out he had 4 cavities! He asked if the fillings they used had bpa and they said yes, but it was FDA approved so it was ok. That's crazy! He was told his only other option was to get porcelain fillings but they would cost $900 more. I know there is such a thing as bpa- free fillings- does anyone know of any dentists that use them? Thank you!
#2 of 4 Old 07-11-2012, 06:42 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)

I don't but I thought I'd bump your post up. Maybe someone has a recommendation. thumb.gif

#3 of 4 Old 07-11-2012, 07:29 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Yes, there are BPA free ones.  The dentist I've been seeing uses them; he's in Paoli though.  He also does not take insurance, but will bill the insurance company for you after you pay for the services & you get the check for whatever the insurance company will pay (based on out of network benefits, etc.)  I know from reading the forms at another dentist's office, that insurance may not cover all the costs for composite fillings.  I'd suggest you look into that so you know what to expect.

In case you/he does want to make the trip, the dentist is Dr. John Roeder.  His website is: http://www.johnroederdmd.com/home.php  I started going to him when I was having a lot of problems w/ my receding gums, particularly in one spot in my mouth.  I knew that I needed to find out about how bacteria in my mouth was contributing to the problem.  After asking my dentist & the periodontist he recommended what the dominate bacteria is a healthy mouth is & having them tell me they don't know, I went to Dr. Roeder.  They will take a sample from your mouth & put it under a microscope right there in front of you for you to see!  I'd hit the jackpot!!!  I still have problems w/ my gums, but it is way better than before since using the water pick daily that they recommended.  

Oh, and, my dd had a cavity & was seen by the dentist I went to before Dr. Roeder.  The first dentist said it needed to be filled.  I took dd to Dr. Roeder for a 2nd opinion & he used ozone on the cavity instead.  No drilling - yay!  Perhaps your dh doesn't need as much work as he's been lead to believe?  

Sorry for the long reply.  I'm very happy w/ Dr. Roeder.  Even if you don't want to travel to him, you might give a call & ask if he can recommend anyone in South Jersey.

I hope your husband can get his teeth taken care of in a way that you two are comfortable with!

Best wishes,

Sus

Baby the babies while they're babies so they don't need babying for a lifetime.
#4 of 4 Old 07-12-2012, 09:23 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

TryGersh & Champion's office.  We use them, they are wonderful and compassionate.  Once Dr. Bob opened the office on a Saturday because my son had a toothache and filled a cavity without an assistant (not easy with a kid with ADHD).  http://cherryhillpediatricdentists.com/

Walking to raise money for Apraxia - feel free to join me if you are in the area or donate http://www.apraxia-kids.org/southjerseywalk/juliefoxx

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page