Mothering Forum banner

Philadelphia families???

844 views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Maria Van 
#1 ·
This sort of feels like I'm writing an awkward personals ad but anyway... are there any Philadelphia moms and babies looking to hang out? I'm a first time mom in Chestnut Hill with a 8 month old daughter. We just moved here a month after she was born and I still don't know anyone in the area. My daughter is really social so I feel like I definitely need to get out there more and find some baby friends. Has anyone ever been to the moms group at the Nesting House on Carpenter Lane?

#4 ·
I live in Phiily - in the Center City area. I'm not really familiar with the Mt. Airy mom scene, but I am with the Center City one - at least in my own little corner!

There's a google group https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/pennsymoms/q0dYLPmedEg that's a great local resource.

I also belong to http://www.meetup.com/Plum-Moms-Club-Powered-by-Stroller-Strides/ a new meet up group. Some of the moms are from your area. (it's part of a workout group called Stroller Strides, which I love, but you don't have to go to the workout classes to join the group)

Good luck and Welcome to Philly. I moved here last summer and have settled in pretty nicely.

#6 ·
You must be right near the Little Treehouse, too! That place is awesome! ALso, maybe you could find a LLL meeting nearby?

#7 ·
You are actually close to the LLL Montgomery county east group too - they have daytime and evening meetings (look online for dates/times) also Moms club international is great - lots of play date meetups at the local parks and other fun stuff. (NW Philadelphia chapter)

#9 ·
Mom2Tatum, I am right across the street! I've just never thought of going there since my daughter isn't full on walking and I wasn't sure if she was too young to enjoy it at almost 9 months. I know they have a new mom's group that meets weekly but I read on the website, I think, that it's only for babies 0-6 months. I might just go in to check it out, though.

Psulalie, I've never heard of Mom's Club International. I will google it, thanks! I didn't think of trying Montgomery County LLL. Night meetings will probably be much easier. Thank you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.