Vaccination choice in Southern New Jersey? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 08-08-2012, 08:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Does anyone know of any pediatricians that accept patients who waive vaccinations in Southern New Jersey? We have UHC Community Plan, and we are willing to drive an hour if we have to (and I know we will), we are in Pemberton Township. Thanks!

#2 of 7 Old 08-10-2012, 10:49 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Some links:

http://www.askdrsears.com/topics/vaccines/find-vaccine-friendly-doctor-near-you

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/NJVaccinationSupport/database?method=reportRows&tbl=2

#3 of 7 Old 09-01-2012, 04:21 PM

My friend, a non-vaxing naturopath, uses http://kidswellpeds.com/. 

Stacey teaching teens to read & write... Daddy plays ska, DD1 (7/05) loves trees & princesses, & DD2 (3/10) loves mommy-milk! Please get your kids tested for lead.
#4 of 7 Old 10-07-2012, 12:18 PM

We are in Gloucester county and drive a little over an hr to Stockton Family Practice in Stockton North Jersey to see Dr Freedenfeld. He has no problem with no vax, he has his own modified schedule for those that do want to vax. If you live outside the norm in this area, (we do!) I definitely reccomend him.
#5 of 7 Old 10-07-2012, 12:25 PM

I  go to Rainbow Pediatrics. They seem to be just about 1 hour from Pemberton.

We do not vax our DD, and the staff, while not happy about it, lets us do what we want. I've gotten a few minor lectures from one of the doctors, but that's the worst I've had. One Dr in particular, an older man named DR Flick, does not seem to care and has never questioned our choices.

Its an okay practice but I don't think I would drive an hour for it. 

lactivist.gifnovaxnocirc.gif Acd.gif'ing, winner.jpg,familybed1.gif,femalesling.GIFread.gif Momma to one DD 1/1/12 ribboncesarean.gif. Trying to goorganic.jpg and hoping for a hbac.gif next time!

#6 of 7 Old 10-10-2012, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceychev View Post

My friend, a non-vaxing naturopath, uses http://kidswellpeds.com/

Kidswell has merged with Advocare Greentree and no longer allows non-vaxing.  They did grandfather some folks in (from what I've heard) but Advocare requires all children be vaccinated.

Walking to raise money for Apraxia - feel free to join me if you are in the area or donate http://www.apraxia-kids.org/southjerseywalk/juliefoxx
#7 of 7 Old 04-07-2014, 06:51 AM

I persoanlly found Dr. Freedenfeld to be arrogant and very rude to me :(  

Although Dr. Freedenfeld was supportive of my decision not to vaccinate, he continually dismissed my questions and told me to stop worrying.  Any time I asked for clarification on something he said or questioned anything, I almost always recieved a smart comment in return.  

During my last visit, he stepped over the line with a sexual comment that I did not appreciate.  Someone told me a few years ago that he made a sexually harrassing remark to her and I was surprised.  I honestly thought maybe she stretched the truth but now I feel bad for second guessing her.  He was completely out of line at my last visit.

Needless to say I found a new doctor for both myself and my child.  If you choose to go to Freedenfeld, I certainly hope your experience is much better than mine was.  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page