Any volunteer doulas in Southeast PA or Northern DE?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-06-2012, 06:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Any doulas out there in Southeast PA or Northern DE offering your services free for families in need by any chance?

My husband is unemployed, and we are barely making ends meet with my income. Our baby was a "surprise", it's our first one, and we're taking it as a great blessing despite our current economic obstacles. That being said we really can't afford a doula, but I really do need one (my husband will be at the birth, but to be honest, he will stress me out more than help me, and I am feeling overwhelmingly clueless).

I am due 11/30 and planning to use the Birth Center in Bryn Mawr, PA. I have made several attempts to get in touch with PALS, but they have not returned any of my phone calls. I start birth classes next week, and the Birth Center expects me to have a birth partner, but my husband has no way to attend, and I don't really have any friends/family able to help (doing this all on my own really). So I am in a bit of a bind.

Even if you are not able to help, are you able to recommend anyone?

Thank you!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2012, 10:32 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I'm bumping your post up. bump.gif Anyone have a recommendation to share?

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

Old 10-08-2012, 06:20 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks HappyHappyMommy!! :) I'm brand new to these forums, so I'm not sure how it all works or what getting bumped up means, but it sounds helpful!! so thank you!!

Old 10-14-2012, 06:42 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hi there! I am going to PM you a few names of doulas who might be able to help you out.

Already!?!?! cold.gif  ~ Lori, doula, childbirth educator, wife to Jermaine 6/04, and mom to two happy and energetic boys - Tatum 6/06 and Keegan 3/09

Old 10-14-2012, 08:07 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAureden View Post

Thanks HappyHappyMommy!! :) I'm brand new to these forums, so I'm not sure how it all works or what getting bumped up means, but it sounds helpful!! so thank you!!

It just means that you are getting placed back towards the top of the list of threads.  When someone responds, it comes up at the top of whatever forum it is & then if someone clicks on "new posts," they'll see yours.

Best wishes,

Sus

Baby the babies while they're babies so they don't need babying for a lifetime.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2tatum View Post

Hi there! I am going to PM you a few names of doulas who might be able to help you out.

Hi mom2tatum! Unfortunately I can receive PM's but I am not allowed to send them for some reason. Is it because I am not a paying user? Would you be able to PM your email then I can reply to you that way?

Thanks! :)

User Tag List