How do you try to find other "crunchy" parents? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-11-2012, 05:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

How do you try to find other "crunchy" parents? I'm all about finding my "tribe" for friendship, support and playdates. How would you let others know that you are "crunchy"? Would you wear a t-shirt? Would you put a sticker on your car? Would you wear a bracelet? Would you sew a patch on a handbag? What would you do to connect with other like minded moms or dads?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2012, 06:06 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
You could reconnect with old friends whom you remember being crunchy. I don't know if this would work for you, but we joined a secular homeschool group - voila! There they all were! Even if you have preschoolers and older kids in school, maybe your preschoolers could participate with the homeschoolers/unschoolers activities and you'd find like minded moms.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:39 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I like the T-shirt and bracelet ideas.

I met fellow homeschoolers in libraries and bookstores. They were similar to me in some ways, but different in enough that we never became lasting friends. I can't help much, I'm afraid. And my days of playdates arw over. Good luck, though! We're always here on MDC, if you wan to talk or get or give advice.
Old 10-13-2012, 05:23 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

I would say Holistic Moms Network, Le Leche League and home school coops/groups. I really am still looking though, it's difficult to say the least.

User Tag List