New to State College, PA area - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 10-16-2012, 06:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi all,

We recently moved to a small community in Bellefonte, PA and we are looking for a doctor that is open to alternative vaccine schedules.  It seems like we have been very spoiled in the past with the quality care we have received.  It seems like the bigger the network the harder it is to find quality care.  Does anyone know of one around?

Thanks!!

#2 of 5 Old 10-21-2012, 09:26 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)

I'm bumping up your post. bump.gifAnyone have a recommendation to share?

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

#3 of 5 Old 10-22-2012, 01:09 AM

Sorry, no recommendation. I saw this the first time around, too. That's a beautiful area, but I only used the campus clinic, so I can't recommend anyone. I hope you find someone wonderful!
#4 of 5 Old 10-22-2012, 02:37 PM

Am also from Bellefonte! I take my children to Geisinger Greys Woods Peads.....Dr. Jarvey and Dr. Brink have been pretty ok with the no vax policy that I have. Dr. Jarvey has been the best. I told him the first appointment that we were not doing vaccines, gave him a brief explanation as to why (nothing detailed) he didnt ask questions beyond that, reminded me that he thought it was important, and never brought it up again. Dr. Brink was pretty much the same, but reminded me at every appointment that she found it important, but didnt pressure beyond that. I absolutly loved Dr. Brink (really personal reasons, as my son had special needs) and Jarvey was really good with my other son! They never threatened to kick me out of the practice or anything so thats at least a start!

#5 of 5 Old 10-22-2012, 05:14 PM

my son is 2 my daughter is 10. if anyone is in the area and wants to start a moms group or a play group or you know whatever that would be really fun! im a SAHM, and pregnant as well so you know since you said you were new to the area and stuff.....just a thought....

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page