North Jersey looking for a supportive pediatrician who is supportive of delayed and non vaxing? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 10-17-2012, 02:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am pregnant and due in Feb and I know the Whole Child Center in Oradell only takes newborns. I put in an email to them to see if they take newborns and their siblings? I hate the idea of having two pediatricians. But anyway still looking for a pediatrician for my other two kids as well. Thanks!!

#2 of 5 Old 10-22-2012, 09:03 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)

Welcome.gifWelcome to MDC! I'm bumping up your post. bump.gifAnyone have a recommendation to share?

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

#3 of 5 Old 10-24-2012, 06:16 AM

Hi there! I don't know of anyone great in NJ, but Dr Zatz in Nyack, NY is fantastic (just a few minutes across the border). He is supportive of a wide range of choices & is a lovely human being. I just took my 4 month old to see him & I was impressed. My baby was born at home, is fully breastfed, no vaccines, etc and he was supportive. Hope this helps!

#4 of 5 Old 10-24-2012, 07:41 AM

-. Karl Russel-Brown in Plainfield has been great about my alternate vax'ing schedule and we recently had a great conversation in which he agreed with me that if I could find chicken pox, I'd be better off exposing my kids than vax'ing. 

Good Luck!

Carolyn

Mom to Liam 9/06, spirit baby 3/09, and identical twins Mateo and Sebastian 10/11namaste.gif

#5 of 5 Old 10-24-2012, 04:54 PM

Dr. Bacha DO in Tenafly and Dr. Schlachter in Essex Fells are both wonderful, are open to no and alternative vaxing and are taking patients. I switched to Dr. Bacha a few years ago and it was the best decision I could have made.

Alexis, mom to DS 11/99 DD1 01/02 and DD2 09/23/11.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page