Looking for a new OB/GYN in the South Jersey/Philly area - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 11-07-2012, 09:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi everyone, I'm looking for a new OB/GYN.  I have been going to Dr. Anthony Salerno with Kennedy Hospital in Washington Twp for 15+ years but I think it's time for a change.  I love him and most of the docs with the practice but since I started with perimenopause I don't feel like I'm getting the proper care.  For instance, I expressed to him at my last annual exam that my periods had changed drastically (I'll spare you the gory details) and I was also experiencing extreme back pain for 2 days before my period and he told me to get the Depo shot so I wouldn't get my period again.  I just didn't think that was right.  Also, I have moved beyond PMS and all they suggested was an antidepressant.  It's getting to the point where I am a different person 3-4 days before my period where everything is wrong with the world, I am filled with rage and have severe anxiety and then I get my period and I look back and wonder what I was so upset about.  I have even psycho flipped out on my 5-year-old a couple of times and not only did I scare her, I scared myself.  I don't mind if I have to be on Zanax or Ativan for those few days; being a spaced out airhead is better than a crazy person-but my GYN won't even hear of it.  They prescribed an antidepressant but I'm not depressed and I don't want to have to take something every day for a problem that only lasts a few day.  I just think I need a doc who will listen to me and give me a few options so I can decide what will work best for me.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page