Natural parenting pediatrician in NYC ? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 11-20-2012, 04:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'd love to get in a relationship with a pediatrician. that is completely okay with holding off on vax and the like. Anyone know of someone on the UWS or anywhere in Manhattan?

Thanks. (:

My blog at www.rememberbaby.wordpress.com, filled with letters to my little one starting from 5 weeks pregnant until now!

stork-boy.gif September 30th, 2012 Nicolas Cobourne

computergeek2.gifslingboy.gifcd.gifbfinfant.gifphotosmile2.gifsigncirc1.gifhomeschool.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 05-21-2013, 08:54 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

This guy was highly recommended by someone:

http://www.westcaremedical.org/doctors_files/Doctors/Max%20Van%20Gilder.htm

He accepts Medicaid (according to the website!)

Here's what a lady said about him:

"

• c_01.gif
  • Don't know if he accepts the coverage you are asking about... but check. Max VanGilder, Westcare Pediatrics 212-787-1788. Know he supports ext bf, cosleeping not sure about delayed vaccination. Wonderful and seasoned professional!!!"
#3 of 6 Old 06-13-2013, 07:28 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

his website doesnt seem very friendly to non vaxers though...we see dr. hops at the center for health and healing.  she has been great and accepting of whatever i decide for my children.  and since shes a family doctor, my husband and myself see her as well.  

#4 of 6 Old 06-13-2013, 09:56 AM

I'm going to tribeca pediatrics. They always ask if I'm vaxing, and don't push when I say no. And the doctors are lovely. I go to the one on upper east side, but they have several locations throughout city, and brooklyn
#5 of 6 Old 06-24-2013, 07:42 AM
cww

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

We go to Tribeca Pediatrics in Tribeca.  I agree that they are fine with whatever vaccination plan you have and haven't tried to pressure me to do anything specific (we do vaccinate, but did an alternate schedule that we came up with on our own).  I love their office for regular stuff like vaccines, school forms, or "predictable" things, but I'm actually hoping to find another office because I don't love Tribeca pediatrics for more complicated or unusual health issues.  I feel that all the doctors there are supportive and friendly, and the office is very efficient and follows up if you have called in with a problem, and there is always a doctor on call for emergencies, but because it is a big place, it can feel more rushed and crowded, and I do get the feeling that for an unusual problem that really requires a doctor to think outside the box, they would not do well.  

So I would say for routine stuff Tribeca Pediatrics is great, but I'm actually interested in what other recommendations anyone has to list in this thread, because I'd love to find a pediatrician that is more of an alternative/traditional medicine mix and also has more time to spend individually with patients, in case we ever have more complicated medical issues that we need help with...

DD born at 40w2d on 1/19/2011
DD born at 40w1d on 3/1/2014
#6 of 6 Old 07-18-2013, 03:02 AM

Have you had any luck finding an alternative. I fluctuate between ny and FL but would like to establish a relationship with a dr in NY just as a precaution. Would prefer Brooklyn but I am not limited to any particular area. Natural parneting, alternative med preferred.

Almost crunchy but sometimes soggy, homeschooling mommy of 2. biggrinbounce.gif

I work from home and love showing others how to do it too!

http://www.empoweredhomeschooler.com  computergeek2.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page