Pittsburgh nannyshare/childcare - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 12-20-2012, 03:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi, mamas.

I am desperately looking for full time care for my 14 month old daughter.  We had found a daycare that we loved.  Their infant teachers were gentle and just amazing.  I always felt confident that she was in good hands and she was happy.  They transitioned her to a toddler class, and it couldn't be more different.  I would like her to be in a gentle environment where there are other children.  My husband and I very strongly believe in being kind and gentle with her, and would like the environment she is in while we work to reflect that.  She's a pretty typical little person, no special needs or allergies.  We prefer to cloth diaper, but it is in no way a deal breaker.  She eats table food and pretty much any variety.  Anyway, we're running in to issues with waiting lists and cost.  I can afford around $850 a month, and providing her food, etc. isn't a problem.  A friend from my ddc suggested that I check out this area and see if I had any luck.  

In terms of location, northside, oakland, squirrel hill, and shadyside would be best, but I'm not terribly picky now as long as I don't have to drive through a tunnel!

Social working mommy to babygirl.gif 10/10/11, three cats, and a dog.

#2 of 5 Old 12-26-2012, 08:25 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)

Bumping this up...anyone have a recommendation to share?

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

#3 of 5 Old 01-13-2013, 02:51 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I don't have an answer for you, but I am moving to Pittsburgh this spring. Probably mid-March with a need to start daycare in early April. I am in need of care for my daughter who is currently 8 months old. I would also be interested in a nannyshare as a possibility and am frustrated with having to pay $100 to be on waiting lists for places that won't have an opening for 6 months to a few years. In the meantime, my husband and I need to work! The neighborhoods you cited are ones that we are looking to live in. Our budget is up to $1000/month, but I would prefer to pay in the $800s as well. I am open to all types of settings as long as my daughter's developmental needs are being met. Any info anyone can provide to me or any recommendations would be welcome.

First-time Momma with baby girl expected sometime between mid-May and early June. Using Hypnobabies and so excited about it! Planning a midwife birth in a hospital.

#4 of 5 Old 01-14-2013, 10:51 AM

There is a new day care/ early childhood learning center opening in April that has great reviews but it might be farther away than what you are looking for. It is located in the North Hills on McKnight Road called Doodle Bugs. They have a great website to look up information.
#5 of 5 Old 06-17-2014, 02:46 PM

Nanny share Pittsburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arianrhod View Post
<p>I don't have an answer for you, but I am moving to Pittsburgh this spring. Probably mid-March with a need to start daycare in early April. I am in need of care for my daughter who is currently 8 months old. I would also be interested in a nannyshare as a possibility and am frustrated with having to pay $100 to be on waiting lists for places that won't have an opening for 6 months to a few years. In the meantime, my husband and I need to work! The neighborhoods you cited are ones that we are looking to live in. Our budget is up to $1000/month, but I would prefer to pay in the $800s as well. I am open to all types of settings as long as my daughter's developmental needs are being met. Any info anyone can provide to me or any recommendations would be welcome.</p>
Hello
We are a working couple living in Heinz lofts Pittsburgh.We have a nanny for 9 months now and would love to host another kid at our home.we briefly transitioned our kid to a daycare but the experience has been not so good.She fell sick in the first week and not to mention that she gets no focused attention there.We are basically looking to share nannys salary and we believe it would certainly help with our kids social skills.The nanny we have has been great.she has over 30 yrs experince and has been nothing but a blessing for our baby girl.You can email me at doctorgulati@gmail.com and we can take it from there.
Thank you for reading.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page