Trenton Area Ped or Family Dr. selective/no vax friendly - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-24-2013, 06:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi ladies, 

New here and my head hurts from looking for a dr for my 14 month old that will be ok taking us if we decide to stop vaxing. (she has had 2 HIB and 3 Dtap) I have been searching the previous threads as well as Dr sears website etc with not a lot of luck. We live in the bordentown/trenton area and would travel down to Cherry hill area, princeton, or NE Philly. Any leads would be much appreciated!! 

#2 of 5 Old 01-30-2013, 01:43 PM

We go to Hamilton Pediatrics. They're pro-vax, but we only see Dr. Haberman - he's pretty old school, and has never said a word to me about our non-vaxing. The other docs have made comments, and I feel that the other docs are more mainstream, but Dr. Haberman has been pretty easy going, common sense, and is not quick to jump on the new "thing" (like meds for baby reflux), at least in my experience. We don't see him that often to be honest, since we treat minor illness at home and haven't had anything serious happen, and stopped with the regular well-visits after 1yr. Granted things may have changed with them with regards to new patients, but if you're willing to deal with a doc who is non-vax "tolerant", Dr. Haberman is decent.

I have heard of Dr. Suzuki in Plainsboro who is supposedly supportive, but I can't say for sure. Dr. Ginsburg outside of Princeton is no-vax and a big vax choice advocate, but she doesn't take insurance so you've got out of network costs to consider. I've heard of a family doc in Ewing, Dr. Jass (I think that's his name??) but haven't checked him out yet either. 

If you hear of anyone else, please do post and share!!

#3 of 5 Old 01-30-2013, 04:15 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply! Thank you for your suggestions. I think at this point I would like someone to be more supportive then tolerant but I think it's just bc I have a problem saying no to 'authority' figures and am not yet 100% confident in my decision. I dont want the dr to go at me and me not know what to say. So I have a lot of research/reading to do still.

I just called Dr. Suzukis office and we have a consult for tomorrow. He has an office in Pennington and one in Plainsboro and takes my insurance. I will let you know how it goes and if I hear of or find any one else : )

#4 of 5 Old 02-01-2013, 02:22 PM - Thread Starter

Dr. Suzuki was great and he is our new family Doc! Thanks again for the help shine.gif (There are so many emoticons lol)

#5 of 5 Old 02-01-2013, 03:04 PM

I really liked lower bucks county pediatrics.  They did not have a problem with a delayed vax schedule.

Wife to Joe and Mama to Rosie, 6/28/06, Jack, 10/25/08 and JoJo 3/18/10.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page