Homebirth Midwives near Olean, NY - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 02-14-2013, 09:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi,
I recently moved back to western NY, Olean, from Poughkeepsie. Im TTC my second child and would like to have a home VBAC. The hospital here doesnt allow VBACs. Anyone know of homebirth midwives or hospitals near Olean ( in NY or PA) that allow VBACs? Thank you.
#2 of 16 Old 02-14-2013, 09:37 PM - Thread Starter

Im also looking to connect with like minded mommas. I miss having playdates and mommy night outs. My daughter is 20 months, not vaccinated and still breastfeeding.
#3 of 16 Old 03-20-2013, 11:44 AM - Thread Starter

Bump
#4 of 16 Old 07-11-2013, 01:09 PM - Thread Starter

I'm pregnant and looking for midwife to do HBAC in Allegany, NY.
Anyone have experience with Jill Johnson from Erie, PA?
#5 of 16 Old 09-04-2013, 09:50 AM

Oh yay! I'm not alone out here! We are searching for a midwife for our home birth as well. We are expecting in Feb. I'm so saddened by my lack of luck finding a home birth community here. In Vegas we had a great team and community... Now we are searching for a midwife that supports VBAC and homebirth. I'd love whatever you've been able to come up with. <3 Namaste
#6 of 16 Old 09-04-2013, 10:33 AM - Thread Starter

After much research an actual homebirth is not possible in our area. So, I decided to go to Buffalo. I met with midwife Eileen Stewart. She has a large office and has 2-3 rooms for clients to give birth in a home-like atmosphere. I am due February 5. The only issue I'm having is finding a reasonably priced place to stay post birth because Eileen asked me to stay in Buffalo for 4days after I give birth so I can be near in case I or baby have any issues.
The Birthing Center of Buffalo is also an option IF they are participating in a VBAC study. The Birth Center is run by Dr. Katherine Morrison and Eileen Stewart. Both are awesome ladies.
Good luck I hope that helps you. Let me know if I can help you out.
#7 of 16 Old 09-16-2013, 01:46 PM

We have been thinking about buffalo midwives but I worry about that drive in Feb. We've been debating doing a u/c but after 4 c sections my Vegas midwife is none to pleased with that. Ugh, I'm struggling right now. My hubby is thinking maybe a local doula might be of help. Now to see if such a creature exists. Who knew moving to Olean would be so un crunchy lol
#8 of 16 Old 09-17-2013, 12:01 PM - Thread Starter

I don't know of any "local" doulas. I think the closest is at least 1 hour away.
I'm willing to risk the drive in February. The weather here can sketchy but it can be nice. I will just stayed tuned to the weather reports. If I'm in labor and can't make it to Buffalo, I will just wait until I'm crowning to go to OGH or have an unassisted home birth. smile.gif

Olean's uncrunchiness didn't surprise me, but it does make me regret moving back.
Good luck.
#9 of 16 Old 03-10-2014, 08:56 AM

Hi!

This is a crazy late response - I hope you're still getting email updates to this thread! I'm a local Momma, postpartum doula and LLL Leader. There is definitely a group of awesome ladies around here (maybe you've already found us?). I'm sorry that I didn't see this a year ago, as I have an amazing midwife I'd recommend - Jen Bozza with Caring For Women Midwifery does VBACs at her birth center near Erie, although Eileen is incredible too.

Please PM me - it'd be great to connect!

Cheers,

Kelley

changingal likes this.

Kelley, lucky partner to my Canuck and momma to Peter Gwydion (9/08) whistling.gif, Eliot Theoden (2/11) sleepytime.gif, and Harper Ophelia (m/c 6/12) rainbow1284.gif . We breastfeed exclusively, cosleep peacefully, vax selectively, homeschool joyously, and love each other unconditionally! luxlove.gif 
#10 of 16 Old 03-10-2014, 12:48 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Kelley,
I had called Jen Bozza a couple of times but she never got back to me. So I went with Eileen. I had my daughter 5.5 weeks ago. It was an amazing experience. I have been on bedrest and Eileen wants me to rest as much as possible (which is not easy with a 2.5 year old) since I had a large postpartum hemmorage and anemia. I did see the Twin Tiers LLL on Facebook.
#11 of 16 Old 03-11-2014, 11:26 AM

My daughter was a uc transfer born last Wednesday. I so look forward to helping this area grow in the natural health and postpartum care. When these younger kiddos get older I'm going to get certified for placenta encapsulation ❤ and hopefully help educate OGH staff. They are beyond VBAC phobic.
#12 of 16 Old 03-11-2014, 12:09 PM - Thread Starter

I have a friend, she recently relocated to Rochester, that is certified to do placenta encapsulation. She did it for me.
Bohemian Mama congratulations on your new baby girl. I hope all goes well with your recovery.
I probably sound stupid but what does uc mean?
#13 of 16 Old 03-11-2014, 12:35 PM

Unassisted childbirth smile.gif with 4 c sections no one would touch me. So now 5 surgeries and we are done having babies lol. I'm encapsulating for the second time. And I can't wait to get started with postpartum care. I want to do belly binding as well. I'm starting on me as soon as my pain is more manageable smile.gif
congrats on your baby girl and rest if you can. My toddler is still adjusting to sharing nursing lol
#14 of 16 Old 03-22-2014, 05:47 PM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Hi ladies!  Congrats on the babies.  :)   I am local (ish) to you.  I live just north of Buffalo.  I am a newborn RN and IBCLC at a Buffalo hospital and had a home water VBAC with Khristeena Kingsley last year.  Our area has definitely improved over the last few years but still has miles to go.  :)  

RN, IBCLC. DS is 5, DD1 is 4, DD2 is 1! DD3 due in December!
#15 of 16 Old 03-26-2014, 11:02 AM

Hey ladies, now that baby is here we are looking for a ped. who is not vaccine happy. We have been to one who had vaccinate releases on the new patient paper work. Any good, natural maybe holistic approach pediatrician's nearby? TIA 😊
#16 of 16 Old 03-26-2014, 12:37 PM

Hi guys , is anyone looking for a great nanny ? In Philadelphia centre city

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page