Opinions on Mid-Wife Nicole Schwartz at Sudharma Birth Services - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 03-11-2013, 04:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I recently met with Nicole at Sudharma Birth Services and am curious to hear about people's experiences with her. I saw a previous thread on her but it was a few years ago and wanted to see if there were any recent opinions on her personality and what she's like to work with. My husband and I met with her and she was very nice but not very talkative. I am looking for someone that isn't going to have such a strong personality that I feel like I am birthing on a military base. I am also a southerner (living in a foreign land smile.gif) so I am looking for someone with a very nurturing personality.

#2 of 6 Old 03-13-2013, 05:15 AM

I have not worked with Nicole since she has become a midwife, but while she was a midwife apprentice she was my doula for my DS's birth and I can not say enough good things about her.  I really like her vibe and I instantly connected with her the second I met her.  I feel she is nurturing, and she is very good at being a strong support that makes women feel powerful.  She is extremely passionate about her work and her belief in women and their strength and ability to birth.  The only time I've seen her become fierce is when she is fighting FOR a woman's rights.  This most recently came up when one of her placenta encapsulation clients was having issues getting her placenta released by the hospital and Nicole helped launch a community effort to show a large support in eventually getting the hospital to concede in releasing the placenta.

She is a very lovely person all around and I highly recommend her.  :-)

ribbonpurple.gif  Proud Single Mama, Birth & Postpartum Doula

Student, Aspiring CNM 
treehugger.gif  DD ~ 1/7/09   shamrocksmile.gif  DS ~ 9/22/10

#3 of 6 Old 04-27-2013, 04:58 PM

She just delivered my BFF's baby at home. I think she is wonderful and very competent as well. PM me if you have any questions :)

Me: New mama to DD born 11/17/2009. We And:
#4 of 6 Old 05-22-2013, 06:55 AM

Can you post an update? I am currently interested in opinions as well  but have not made an appointment yet. Also are there any other midwives that others have had good experiences with in the general area?

Thanks, Diane

#5 of 6 Old 06-04-2013, 05:46 AM

I also reccommend Jennifer McFarland.

ribbonpurple.gif  Proud Single Mama, Birth & Postpartum Doula

Student, Aspiring CNM 
treehugger.gif  DD ~ 1/7/09   shamrocksmile.gif  DS ~ 9/22/10

#6 of 6 Old 10-26-2013, 08:49 AM

Nicole is an absolute doll! She was apprenticing with another midwife during the birth of my daughter. She started her own practice just two months after my birth, so she was doing a lot of the hands-on stuff during the end of my pregnancy.

She totally loves and believes in what she does. She's really such a hard-working professional and mom. I'll be totally honest and say that at very first, I didn't really like her. I'm not earthy and holistic and organic and crunchy (and insert whatever other trendy word that refers to that lifestyle), so I often felt judged a bit because she's into all that kind of stuff. But man, I really misjudged her. She was competent and sweet and just so wonderful throughout my pregnancy and birth. I had a HBA2C, and I labored off and on for 48 hours before finally birthing my baby at home. The entire time I felt anxious and unsure of myself. I felt like an imposition to the midwives because I felt like I just couldn't get the baby to come OUT and that I was bothering them and interfering with their lives. But Nicole never made me feel that way. She showed up at my house the first night (water had broken early that AM and contractions were sporadic but would always pick up at night), after I had obviously woken her, with nothing but smiles, peace, and willingness to help me in any way she could. She totally put my mind at ease that night, and I really do believe that if I did not have the gentle, sweet assurance from both her and the main midwife, I would not have had my daughter at home.

She really is just a wonderful person and midwife (from what I've experienced) and I can't recommend her enough.

I realize this thread was started much earlier in the year, but I just wanted to throw in my two cents about Nicole because I think she's super. :)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page