Anybody in State College, PA? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 04-09-2013, 06:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We will be moving to the State College, PA area this fall and I am on the hunt for an AP friendly pediatrician, elementary school recommendations, and tips on kid-friendly activities in the area.  The last time that I was in State College, over 10 years ago, I was an undergrad and none of the above mattered to me at all :lol.  Things have definitely changed, and I would love to hear from moms in or around the area.

Thanks,

J's Mombee

Mom to 7-year old DS1 carrot.gif, 2 year old DD joy.gifand DS2 surf.gif

#2 of 5 Old 05-19-2013, 10:02 PM

Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)

Anyone? Bumping your post.

#3 of 5 Old 07-25-2013, 05:34 PM

hey! I'm a mom, childbirth educator, and doula in State College. I try to keep informed on what's around and am happy to share resources if you still need any.

#4 of 5 Old 08-23-2013, 05:50 PM - Thread Starter

Hi SCDoulaMaria! :) 

We are actually in State College now, my 7 year old loves it, and so do my 2 year olds.  I don't think that I will have as tough of a time finding things to do with my 7 year old in the area, but I still haven't necessarily found things geared toward his age group or for my toddlers.  I would love any information that you might have about activities, pediatricians, or anything else in the area.

Thank you ladies so much for responding.  :)

-J's Mombee

Mom to 7-year old DS1 carrot.gif, 2 year old DD joy.gifand DS2 surf.gif

#5 of 5 Old 08-26-2013, 07:54 PM

Well, first, I know some moms who are meeting as a "mother of twins" group! There's all kinds of activities and such, it depends what your kids like--sports? music? arts? I'll post a list of fall activities (credit goes to another mom friend of mine!). We like Music Together classes for the younger ones.  There's different pediatricians depending on what you are looking for. And, if you want to just start connecting and see other people's opinion on things, there's a Happy Valley Moms group on facebook where people share info, ask questions, and network.  Message me privately and I'll link you my FB profile and the FB groups and such.

September 8, 2-4 PM - Grandparent’s Day Scavenger Hunt at Millbrook Marsh. The event is free but donations are appreciated.

September 8, 1:00 PM - Free Movement Workshop at PSU Arboretum for kids ages 3-10

http://arboretum.psu.edu/PDFs/2013%20FREE%20DANCE%20MOVEMENT%20WORKSHOP/2013%20Free%20Dance%20Movement%20Workshop.pdf

October 5, 10 AM-4 PM - The Great Insect Fair at Bryce Jordan Center

http://ento.psu.edu/public/kids/great-insect-fair

October 12 & 19, 9 AM-4 PM - Way Fruit Farm Fall Festival

http://www.wayfruitfarm.com/festivals.php

October 16, 7-8:30 PM - Dark in the Park. Campfire stories at Sunset Park. Check www.crpr.org for more info.

October 19, 10 AM-5 PM - Howard Fire Company Punkin Chunkin

https://www.facebook.com/HowardFireCompanyFallPunkinChunkinFestival

October 26-27, 11 AM-4 PM - Shaver’s Creek Fall Harvest Festival with Children’s Halloween Trail. Festival is free, Halloween Trail is free for kiddos 3 and under, $5 For kiddos 4 and older. Call Shaver’s Creek to reserve tickets.

http://shaverscreek.org/public-programs-and-events/fall-harvest-festival/

October 27, 6:30 Line up for the Halloween Parade. Free activity. Check www.crpr.org for more details.

October 31, 6-8 PM - Trick or Treat

November 3, 2-5 PM - Historic Harvest Festival at Millbrook Marsh

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page