Waldorf Homeschoolers in Philly Area? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 04-19-2013, 03:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Our family may be relocating from NC to the Philly area and I am just trying to get a feel for the "community" up there.  Are there any waldorf inspired playgroups/homeschooling co-ops up that way?

Thanks!

Tanya, wife to my best friend momma to Blake 2/02, Jacob 5/04, Parker 12/05 and MaKenna : 6/09
#2 of 3 Old 04-27-2013, 04:52 PM

There is a Waldorf private school in the Chestnut Hill area so I know there is a lot of interest in Waldorf. There is also a homeschooling co-op in the Mt. Airy area and I'm sure you will be able to find some Waldorf-inspired families there too (I live in Mt. Airy--- PM with any questions about the area). I was friends with someone here who homeschools her three children Waldorf style, but she moved to Portland recently. If you're interested, I can PM her and ask her if she can provide me with more information. My LO is 3 years old so I know the preschool scene pretty well around here but not the older-kids-homeschooling scene :)

Me: New mama to DD born 11/17/2009. We And:
#3 of 3 Old 05-02-2013, 11:44 AM

I started getting involved with the Waldorf school here recently. Me and my 15 month old do the parent tot program and love it. We will be celebrating May Day this weekend there as well. I love the community. They have fairs and fundraisers and the families are so nice. We haven't decided what we are doing for schooling yet. I live in Chestnut Hill. What part of Philly are you moving to?

slinggirl.gif mama to baby girl E born at home on 1/8/12 with stork-suprise.gif#2 on his or her way around 8/28/13

intactivist.gif toddler.gif homebirth.jpg familybed1.gifcd.gif placenta.gif-eater

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page