Looking for AP childcare in Philadelphia - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 04-20-2013, 06:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have a beautiful, wonderful toddler. I hate to leave her and go to work but I really don't have a choice. I've been searching for childcare. I would love for her to be with someone that I really like and is crunchy too. We're an attachment parenting family (sort of). We're vegan and we co-sleep. I wear her a lot. She loves to play outside with water, dirt, mud and whatever else she finds. She also loves worms and bugs, little wooden cars and that sort of thing. I would really like an AP SAHM to watch her with maybe another toddler. Does anyone know someone who might be interested near West Mt. Airy in Philadelphia? The pay wouldn't be spectacular but maybe someone looking for extra cash and is very trustworthy. Thanks!

#2 of 2 Old 04-27-2013, 04:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey! I am in W Mt Airy as well. When my daughter was 9 months old, I went back to work as well. My very close friend at the time, who is really into AP everything and just lovely overall, had started her own in-home care. She is also in Mt. Airy. I think she has expanded her practice a little bit since then because she has hired someone else as well. She is *wonderful*... she got my child to nap using gentle methods (never, ever left to cry) and is just so warm and lovely and I an go on and on. She incorporates mindfulness into her practice all the time and is a beautiful practicing Buddhist. Her practice is called Under the Willow Tree. Again I can not stress this enough---- if AP-style care is what you are looking for, this is it. 

PM me if you want more details and contact information. 

Me: New mama to DD born 11/17/2009. We And:

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page