Looking for Midwife for HBAC - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 07-10-2013, 12:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm not pregnant yet, but we are ttc ( will actually be doing IVF soon).  I would love to find a midwife to do HBAC.  I have been going to ICAN meetings, have not really had much luck yet.  Then again I was looking into just doing VBAC the last meeting I went to.  Any suggestions?  

#2 of 7 Old 07-26-2013, 01:26 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)

Just bumping your post up for attention. Hopefully someone in your area will post with a recommendation.

Good luck!

#3 of 7 Old 07-26-2013, 07:06 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you.  I do have an appt set up for a consultation w/ Karen Shields of Gentle Beginnings.  I have tried contacting several midwives, in & out of NJ, w/no responses.  irked.gif

#4 of 7 Old 07-29-2013, 06:48 PM

Are you looking for an HBAC in NJ? Unfortunately by state law they are illegal and midwives are unable to attend them. The state has in the past investigated midwives suspected of attending HBACs, so I don't think you will find any willing to risk it.

Alexis, mom to DS 11/99 DD1 01/02 and DD2 09/23/11.
#5 of 7 Old 07-30-2013, 10:29 AM

Just wanted to let you know not to give up. I am due in Jan / Feb and have been working towards the same. Rightfully so it's very guarded information but where there is a will (for an intervention free birth) there is a way. Though not all ways fit all people.

Best of luck to you.

#6 of 7 Old 07-31-2013, 03:49 AM

Am I reading your location correctly as Southern NJ?  If you would cross into PA and have your baby with a HBMW there, you may have an easier time finding what you need i would also recommend connecting with another woman who has had a HBAC and seeing if she can somehow discreetly connect you with her MW.  As PP said, this information is sacred, carefully guarded and so you won't find it easily looking in from the outside. 

Good luck to you, I hope you find what and who you are looking for!

Carolyn

Mom to Liam 9/06, spirit baby 3/09, and identical twins Mateo and Sebastian 10/11namaste.gif

#7 of 7 Old 09-03-2013, 01:56 PM

These midwives do exist, but they are extremely hard to find! I attempted a hospital VBAC in 2010 and ended up with a repeat c-section. I will not even think about having another child unless I can find someone who will attend a VBA2C...and I have absolutely considered a HBA2C. Good luck on your search :-)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page