Looking for Attachment parenting mom's in Central PA, Altoona area. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-12-2013, 06:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm posting this on behalf of my sister in law who lives near Altoona PA. She is a new mom to 9 month old boy and she's looking for like minded mom's in Altoona area. Breastfeeding/Co-Sleeping/Babywearing. Trying to find her tribe.

Mom to Brodrick born on the 4th of July , 7/4/11.    h20homebirth.gif   nocirc.gif fuzmalesling.gif familybed1.gif Love my husband of 3 years.   treehugger.gif Workin' mamma looking for a way out of the corporate world.

#2 of 4 Old 09-14-2013, 04:33 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Bumping this for you!

#3 of 4 Old 09-20-2013, 06:41 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Is she nursing or planning to nurse in the future?  If so, there's an LLL group in Altoona!  Here's the link: http://www.llli.org/groups/@llli*group*altoona.area

She's lucky to have a sister who's trying to help her!

Best wishes,

Sus

Baby the babies while they're babies so they don't need babying for a lifetime.
#4 of 4 Old 10-09-2013, 05:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

She is nursing.  Had a rough start but I was there for a few days after she came home from hospital to help her get baby latched on and get her on a pumping schedule to build up her milk supply after supplementing formula for a week.  By 4 weeks she had a good milk supply and was exclusively breastfeeding. Go mama!  He will be 1 on December 7th and she no plans of weaning.   I think she would feel welcomed and among like minded moms at a LLL meeting.  I will pass this info along to her. Thank you.

Mom to Brodrick born on the 4th of July , 7/4/11.    h20homebirth.gif   nocirc.gif fuzmalesling.gif familybed1.gif Love my husband of 3 years.   treehugger.gif Workin' mamma looking for a way out of the corporate world.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page